You choose to overeat to feed your stress, then you feel guilty of stress eating. And you remain stuck in the vicious circle of overeating. For the reason being, you aren’t sure how to stop stress eating. There is a need for you to understand that emotional eating or stress eating won’t relieve the source of the tension, it will just give you temporary treatment. Okay back to basics.
(People Also Like To Read: Know What GoMedii’s Service Like, Experience The Best)
What is stress or emotional eating?
Reaching out for junk food, sweets, and other unhealthy food to feed your discomfort, stress or emotional breakdown. you aren’t feeding your physical hunger rather you are just stress eating. Stress eating is using food to comfort yourself, filling your emotional needs than your stomach. However, you using food doesn’t okay things rather you feel guilty after overeating.
You feel messed up due to the excess calories you had, it becomes harder for you to control your weight. You don’t get how to stop stress eating. Believe me, it’s just a matter of “Giving in”- it is possible to make positive changes your willpower is stronger than cravings.
Learn How To Stop Stress Eating:
Just learn healthy ways to deal with emotional troubles, stress, and boredom.
1. Differentiate among emotional and physical hunger:
Often, those who have a regular habit of choosing food to deal with stress will always mistake emotional as physical hunger. You need to distinguish between them before getting over with emotional eating. Here help yourself with these clues and understand the difference:
- When you feel like a sudden hit of hunger- it’s emotional hunger.
- You will only crave certain unhealthy food such as junk food or sugary snacks.
- Eating absent-mindedly is stress eating.
- You will continue wanting more even if you are full.
Now that you have understood the difference, let’s head forward to the next point.
2. Your Emotional Trigger?
To head to the way of how to stop stress eating, the next thing you need to do is understanding the trigger. Tigger is something, as in, situations or feelings making you reach out for such food items. Most triggers can be related to awful feelings but some can be associated with happy events too.
Some common situations leading to stress eating involves-
- Stress turns to get emotional relief.
- Uncomfortable emotions such as anger, fear, sadness, anxiety, loneliness, boredom, and shame.
- Childhood habits drives or cab be a trigger.
3. Deal with the source rather than hunger
Until and unless you don’t know how to stop stress eating, nothing will work or you won’t be able to hold back for too long. Finding other ways or deal with emotions without involving food would be necessary. Differentiating emotional and physical hunger and understanding triggers will not be enough even though they are the first step.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Try These 7 Home Remedies For Constipation)
Here are your ways to deal with the source, as in, emotions:
- Depressed or lonely- talk it out with your friend or play with your pet.
- Anxious- Dance or sing your favorite or most cherished song and squeezing a stress ball.
- Exhausted- Drink a hot cup of coffee or tea, talk a bath, light some scented candles, and sit on a park to get fresh air.
- Bored- Watch your favorite series or movie, read books, or do such activities you like.
4. How to stop stress eating with Lifestyle habits:
One who always stays fit and relaxed can handle any bombshell that life inevitably plant your way. Following a healthy lifestyle and habits can help you kick-off those hard times without overeating. Here are some healthy lifestyle habits:
- Include physical activity or workout in your daily schedule
- Get the required amount of sleep.
- Give yourself some time to relax to start fresh.
- Be with people who pass you positive vibes.
Lastly yet as importantly: This whole thing will not work for you until you are ready to do something for yourself. You remember one thing your will power is stronger than your craving. Once failed, learn to understand why you did it and then respond differently or in a better way next time.
(People Also Like To Read: Artificial intelligence (AI) might treat Sleep disorders)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.