On every 15th of August, we celebrate the birthday of our nation. This year we are celebrating the 72nd birthday of India we all know that we celebrate this day to observes the day of sovereignty from the British.
As we are celebrating the Independence day, countrymen in the country and the rest of the world would love and appreciate the idea of oneness and remember the losses that freedom fighters made during their struggle against the British empire.
India got Independence after separation of the country into two nations. Now the past is history and what remains is the beautiful glory of India’s struggle.
(People Also Like To Read: World Liver Day 2018)
Following are Few Tips Which You Can Do On This Independence Day
1. Cook for your family: stay home and prepare a sumptuous meal with your family. Independence day is a holiday and all family members who are usually away on a normal day stay home. You can plan a lunch or dinner with them and cook your favorite snacks.
2. Go to brunch: You can plan a brunch with friends you have not known for a long time. Since Independence Day is a holiday, most people have free days and it is not a bad idea to meet with their old friends.
3. Take a trip: Those who do not like traveling and Independence Day can be the perfect opportunity to take to the streets. You can travel to nearby locations, but try to avoid popular destinations as they can be overcrowded. You can even start the journey on the 14th of August after your work.
4. Flying a kite: Go to your roof or into the streets of your neighborhood to fly kites. The tradition of stealing kites on Independence Day is particularly strong in northern India, especially in cities such as Delhi, Lucknow, Moradabad, and Bareilly.
5. Binge Watch TV: If you are far from home and you do not have much to do, you can watch your favorite shows. Who does not like a day off and sitting in front of the TV. There is much more to do to celebrate Independence Day. You can also spend the day with good music, finish the book you are reading, or just sleep and prepare for the next day.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Interesting Facts About Metastasis: Signs and Symptoms of Metastasis)
Following are Healthy Food Tips for this Independence Day 2018
One of the highlights of the summer is the feast of Independence Day followed by a fireworks display. You do not have to compromise your healthy eating, have fun and enjoy what’s on holiday menu.
- Choose lean protein such as salmon and chicken breast for a barbecue.
- Use a home marinade for a tasty meat with less sodium marinade bottle.
- Roasted vegetables or fruit as a healthy accompaniment.
- Making green salads with dressings.
- Use water-infused fruits like a sweet and moisturizing drink. The mineral water or unsweetened tea is healthier drinks.
- Decorate your table with red fruits, white and blue like watermelon, raspberries, cranberries, and cherries.
- Use a light mayonnaise or reduced fat for potato salad or macaroni.
- We would like to wish you and your family a happy independence day!
(People Also Like To Read: Can PM Eliminate TB from India?)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.