MBBS in 1988 and MD in 1992 from King George’s Medical College now King George’s Medical University, Lucknow, Diploma in Interventional Pulmonology from University of Lille, France. Fellow of Intensive Care Medicine from Erasme University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium, and Fellow in Sleep Medicine from Prince Royal Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia.
Dr. Manoj Goel is a fellow of National College of Chest Physicians, Fellow of Indian Sleep Disorders Association and Fellow of Indian Association of Bronchology. Certified Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider by American Heart Association. Dr Goel is trained in Endobronchial Ultrasound guided Techniques like EBUS – TBNA and Radial Probe Ultrasound guided EBUS – RP biopsy of the lung lesion especially using Cryo Biopsy technology at Royal Brisbane Women Hospital, Brisbane, Australia. Guest speaker, Course Director Faculty and Chair Person in major National Conferences in India related to Pulmonology, Bronchology, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine.
He has played important role as a Member of the organizing committee of the major conferences, workshops and symposium in Delhi related to Pulmonology, Bronchology, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine. Dr Goel has conducted numerous Conferences, symposiums and workshops in Delhi and across the country as Course Director. He is amongst the firsts to introduce noninvasive ventilation and sleep medicine in India.
He started Training Program on Bronchoscopy In ICU for Intensivists in India. He has 25 publications in National and International Journals. He has received National Award from National college of Chest Physicians for research in Pulmonary Interventions. He is a past Executive Member of Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine (Delhi and NCR).
He worked as Consultant In – Charge of Medical Intensive Care Unit of Batra Hospital & Research Institute, New Delhi from 1997 – 2001 and then worked as Senior Consultant in the Dept of Respiratory Medicine, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine at Batra Hospital & research Institute, New Delhi from 2001 – 2006. He was appointed as Director & Head, Department of Pulmonology, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine at Delhi Heart & Lung Institute from 2006 – 2015. Presently working as Director & Head Department of Pulmonology, Pulmonary Critical Care and Sleep Medicine at Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon Delhi & NCR.
Fellowship National College of Chest Physicians (I)
Fellowship Indian Sleep Disorders Association
Fellowship Indian Association of Bronchology
Life member Indian College of Allergy & Applied Immunology
Life member Indian Medical Association
Life Member Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine
Comprehensive Lung Care with expertise in dealing with challenging and difficult cases of lung diseases such as asthma, COPD and ILD and allergic disorders, pleural effusion, resistant and life threatening infectious diseases involving lung, cases with acute and chronic respiratory failure and multisystem disorders affecting the lungs.
Expert in state-of-the-art clinical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment for a full range of pulmonary conditions and diseases such as: acute lung injury, Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), Interstitial lung disease, Occupational and environmental lung disease, Pulmonary hypertension, Pulmonary vascular disease and Sarcoidosis etc.
EBUS TBNA and Radial Probe EBUS to diagnose directly not accessible mediastinal lymph nodes, masses and peripheral tumours.
Advanced Bronchoscopic Procedures to restore the patency of blocked airways such as Airway Stenting, Balloon Dilatation, Electrocautery resecation of tumours, Laser photocoagulation, Cryo Coagulation and Endobronchial brachytherapy.
- Sleep Medicine
- Smoking and Environmental related Lung Disorders
- Pleural Diseases with expertise of Medical Thoracoscopy
- Pulmonary Critical Care
- Detection of Lung Cancers
Research Experience :
- Reversible clubbing in a case of Koch’s spine. Ind J Tub 1994; 41:177-179.
- A case of bilateral pulmonary hydatid cysts. Ind J Chest Dis & All Sci 1994; 36:163-166.
- Microfilaria in bronchial aspirate. Ind J Chest Dis & All Sci 1994; 36:223-225.
- A rare presentation of Lung Cancer. Ind J Tub. 1995: 42: 231-232.
- A case of uncommon lung hernia. Ind J Tub 1996: 43: 101-102.
- Importance of Prebronchoscopic sputum, bronchial aspirate and post bronchoscopic sputum specimens in
- diagnosis of lung tumours. Lung India 1996: 14:7-9.
- Association of tuberculosis &leprosy : Case reports. Lung India 1996: 14:42-44.
- A rare presentation of SLE. Ind J Chest Dis & All Sci; 1996; 38:119-122.
- Flexible fibreoptic bronchoscopy without fluoroscopic guidance in diagnosis of peripheral lung tumours. Lung India 1996; 14:161-164.
- A case of Disseminated Actinomycosis. Lung India 1996; 14:172-174.
- Miliary tuberculosis with Brain tuberculomas : A rare presentation. Ind J Tub 1997; 44 : 87-89.
- HIV seropositivity in hospitalized pulmonary tuberculosis patients in Delhi. Ind J Tub 1997; 44:1720.
- An uncommon case of Multiple Pulmonary Aspergillomas. Ind J Tub, 1997; 44 : 141-143.
- Endoscopically visible bronchial carcinoma with fiberoptic bronchoscopy. Ind J Tub 1993: 40:161-162.
- Identification of Mycobacterium tuberculosis by Polymerase Chain Reaction In clinical specimens. Ind J Tub 1998: 45:15-18.
- Three reserve regimens of tuberculosis in management of Drug Resistent Tuberculosis :
- Early results. Ind J Chest Dis & All Sci 1995; 37:184.
- Optimizing CPAP, The Indian Journal of Sleep Medicine 2006;1.4, 189-195
- Beyond CPAP in OSA, The Indian Journal of Sleep Medicine 2007; 2.1, 15-20
A rare presentation of aspergillus infection as empyema thoracis. Lung India 2010; 27: 27-9.
- Kimura Disease: A rare cause for Pleural Effusion. Clinical Pulmonary Medicine 2011;
- An unusual case of pleural based tumor with life threatening post-operative complication.
- Indian J of Critical Care Medicine 2012;16:48-51
MBBS, MD, FCCP, DIP, FIAB, FISDA, FICM, FISM
Pulmonology, Pulmonary Critical Care & Sleep Medicine
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.