Have you ever heard the word psychosis disorder? If no so, First of all, we should understand what it is? As an answer the psychosis disorder is not a disease on its own, it is a symptom. Well, it is an umbrella term where an individual has sensational experiences of things that actually do not exist.
(People Also Like To Read: Vitamins for Stress Relief: Know How These Two are Related)
During the episode of this problem, a person may experience delusions and hallucinations. They may experience things that do not exist actually.
What are the Symptoms of Psychosis Disorder?
The classic symptoms of psychosis are:
- Hallucinations – seeing, hearing, or feeling things that do not exist.
- Delusions – false beliefs.
- Disorganization – in speech, thought, or behavior
- Disordered thinking – jumping between unrelated topics
- Catatonia – unresponsiveness
- Difficulty concentrating
The milder symptoms of the psychosis might include:
- Feelings of suspicion
- Distorted perceptions
- Obsessive thinking
- Sleep problems
(You Might Also Like To Read: Keto Diet Plan: Know About the Types and Benefits)
What are the Causes of Psychosis Disorder?
Well, the causes are not clear and understood but it might involve:
- Genetics – according to research schizophrenia and bipolar disorder may share a common genetic cause.
- Brain changes – changes in the structure of the brain and the changes in certain chemicals are found in people who are dealing with this problem.
- Hormones – postpartum psychosis occurs after giving birth. The exact causes of this problem are not clear, but there is a believe it occurs due to changes in hormone levels and disrupted sleep patterns.
What are the Types of Psychosis Disorder?
Different disorders can show the symptoms of psychotic which including:
- Schizophrenia – It is a serious mental health condition that affects the process of individuals feeling, thinking, and action. Individuals find it difficult to distinguish between what is real and what is imaginary.
- Schizoaffective disorder – a condition similar to schizophrenia that includes periods of mood disturbances.
- Brief psychotic disorder – psychotic symptoms last at least 1 day but no longer than 1 month. Often occurring in response to a stressful life event. Once symptoms have gone, they may never return.
- Delusional disorder – the individual has a strong belief in something irrational and often bizarre with no factual basis. Symptoms last for 1 month or longer.
- Bipolar psychosis – individuals have symptoms of bipolar disorder (intense highs and lows in the mood) and also experience episodes of psychosis. The psychosis more commonly occurs during manic phases.
- Psychotic depression – also known as a major depressive disorder with psychotic features.
- Postpartum (also called postnatal) psychosis – a severe form of postnatal depression.
- Substance-induced psychosis – including alcohol, certain illegal drugs, and some prescription drugs, including steroids and stimulants.
Psychosis Disorder is not a disease, it is a symptom of other health conditions or complications. If you feel any of these symptoms then don’t ignore it. To get an instant appointment or consultation regarding Psychosis Disorder treatment, you can contact us on Whatsapp (+91 9654030724) or email us at email@example.com, regarding our services. Our team will get back to you as soon as possible.
(People Also Like To Read: Warning Signs of Stomach Cancer: Do Not Ignore Them!)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.