Smoking is injurious to health, and we all are very aware of this fact. Still, many of us do smoking and affect our health badly. But if smoking and diabetes are combined together it can affect you more badly and become prone to the complication of diabetes. If you are prediabetic then smoking can increase the risk of becoming diabetic. So, let’s explore the bad effects of the combination of smoking and diabetes.
Before that, let us tell you that smoking also reduces the strength of your spine. To overcome this, consult Dr. Pramod Saini. He is the top spine specialist in Noida. Currently, he is working as Sr. Consultant Spine Surgeon at Jaypee Hospital, Noida.
(People Also Like To Read: 6 Benefits of Meditation: The Dhyaan Marg to Happiness)
Smoking And Diabetes:
Lifestyle choices are the main factor that affects your diabetes and its complications. Smoking is one of these lifestyle choices.
According to the CDC, people who smoke are 30–40 percent more prone to diabetes than people who do not to smoke.
If you are a smoker and dealing with diabetes then it can also make it difficult to manage your diabetes.
The Risks of Smoking Include:
- Increasing the risk of inflammation and sustaining damage to cells and tissues.
- Introducing free radicals, leading to oxidative stress and cell damage.
- Having a problem related to the immune system.
- Experiencing variation in the lipid profiles.
- Higher risk of respiratory and other infections.
- Higher risk of heart attack, cardiovascular disease, and stroke.
All the above-mentioned risks can worsen the complications and symptoms of diabetes. People who are having diabetes are more prone to infections, and infections can become serious quickly. In addition, both smoking and diabetes can lead to bad flow. Smoking can adversely affect your cardiovascular health. If you are facing any such issues, consult a cardiologist.
Smoking and Diabetes also increase the risk of respiratory infections, foot ulceration, oral health problems, and other infections that can have severe and possibly life-threatening outcomes.
Smoking is bad for everyone, and it’s especially when it comes to smoking and diabetes it creates some da.
The nicotine in cigarettes is used to make your blood vessels harden and narrow, restrain the blood flow around your body. And since diabetes makes you more vulnerable to get heart disease, you definitely don’t want to get the more risk, to avoid this don’t combine smoking and diabetes.
No matter how long you have smoked, quit smoking helps you to stay healthy. You’ll feel better, look better, and you’ll save money, too.
(You Might Also Like To Read: What is the Best Time to Have Dinner?)
Smoking and Diabetes: Tips to Quit Smoking
If you are diabetic, then we have some tips which help you quit smoking:
1. You can set a quit date. You don’t have to quit instantly.
2. Discuss your quit date with your doctor. He will support you to do so.
3. Make smoking inconvenient for yourself. Don’t keep anything with you related to smoking, like ashtrays, lighters, or matches.
4. Breathe deeply when you want to smoke. Hold your breath for around 10 seconds, and then exhale slowly.
5. Spend more time in places where smoking is banned, such as a library, theater, or museum.
6. Hang out with friends who don’t smoke or want to quit.
7. Reach for low-calorie foods instead of smoking. Choose fresh fruit and crunchy vegetables.
8. Exercise to ease your stress instead of smoking.
9. Avoid caffeine, like coffee, soft drinks, and alcohol, as they all can increase the urge to smoke.
10. Keep your hands too busy for cigarettes. Draw, text, type, or knit, for example.
(People Also Like To Read: How to Mitigate the Effects of Air Pollution)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.