How many times have you actually thought that something like a wrist could also go through severe damage conditions? Wrist Tendonitis is one of the situations that can affect the proper movement of your wrist. Here we will discuss this particular condition. We would know the causes and signs and symptoms of the problem.
(People Also Like To Read: The Back Pain Can Be Symptoms of Stage 3A Moderate Chronic Kidney Disease)
What is Wrist Tendonitis?
Wrist tendonitis, which can also be called tenosynovitis, is a common condition. To know how it can be characterized is by irritation and inflammation of the tendons around the wrist joint. There are a lot of tendons that surround the wrist joint. Wrist tendonitis usually affects one of the tendons, but it may also involve two or more.
Which are the commonplaces of wrist tendonitis?
In most of the cases, wrist tendonitis occurs at points where the tendons cross each other. In a simple way where they pass over a bony prominence. These are possible sites of irritation and can lead to discomfort when moving the wrist joint.
Signs and Symptoms of Wrist Tendonitis
As the condition is somewhere related to wrist you do not have very subtle symptoms but you can easily know that there is a problem. You can take action depending upon the severity of the condition.
The most common and consistent complaint of patients diagnosed with wrist tendonitis is a pain in the wrist. Other symptoms of wrist tendonitis include:
- Swelling that you can see around the wrist joint
- Warmth and redness of the tendons, with an exray or something.
- Grinding sensations with the movement of the tendons
- Weakness in the wrist
Apart from these, you may also feel pain, when doing the following actions:
- Gripping or holding something with force
- When you are feeling pain while using your wrist in using a mouse for example.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Retrosternal Chest Pain: What are The Causes and Types?)
What are the causes of Wrist Tendonitis?
The pain, in general, can be caused due to many reasons, however there some specific conditions as well.
1) Too much playing or any overexertion of physical activity can be the cause of it. In such conditions, there was maybe a lot of pressure on the wrist. This could cause wrist tendonitis.
2) A Sudden injury which can include instances like falling on, hitting, or bending the wrist
3) Poorly positioned joints or bones along with mismanagement of such a condition.
4) Weak wrist posture
6) Diabetes can be one of the causes of such a condition.
What are the preventive measures for Wrist Tendonitis?
Here are some preventive measures that you can use to stop from the conditions getting worse, before or after treatment:
- Wearing a splint during activities that irritate your tendonitis can be helpful. Let us tell you in advance that it can be a bit of trouble. Certainly, a simple support wrap or brace can be an easy way to avoid symptoms.
- Use caution taking medications before activities. We say this because sometimes this can simply cover up symptoms. If you do not do so, then you won’t be able to assess when you are overdoing an activity.
- Gentle stretching and heat before an activity can ensure the tendons are ready, and an ice pack afterward can quiet any inflammation.
Wrist Tendonitis might be common but at the same time is also neglected. You must watch out for the signs and try using the preventive measures. You can always get the best medical help on our website. To get an instant appointment or consultation regarding Wrist Tendonitis, you can contact us on Whatsapp (+91 9654030724) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, regarding our services. Our team will get back to you as soon as possible.
(People Also Like To Read: 6 Best Technique for Shoulder Pain Relief: Know the Solution)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.