Everyone wants to be fit. We join the gym and sometimes fail to carry it for long. So what should we do? We run to our dieticians to help us get some tips on it. Well, it is time to thank them on this Dietetics Day, which is celebrated on the 10th of January. It is the day to know and learn the significance of the diet tips that are given by the diet experts.
(People Also Like To Read: Health benefits of laughter: Simplest way to improve health)
What Is The Theme Of Dietetics Day, 2020?
According to the Manav Rachna Foundation, the theme of the year 2020 for Dietetics Day is “Consult a Dietitian, Get Fooducated”. The objective of the event is to create awareness and impart food safety and nutrition knowledge among the majority of people, We have planned various activities during this day.
What Is The History Of Dietetics Day?
It was in 2014, that the first Dietetics Day was celebrated with the theme “Healthy Foundation for a Healthy Tomorrow”. Activities revolved around school children and teenagers at school and college level, educating them for healthy eating practices, nutritious tiffin competitions, nutrition quizzes, awareness regarding junk foods and its ill effects.
2015 saw the theme “Girl Child and Nutrition” with the slogan “A Healthy Girl Becomes A Healthy Mother. Good Nutrition is an Investment Like No Other”. Girls and Mothers were given talks on healthy eating and disease prevention. Cooking demonstration of nutritious foods for pregnant moms, healthy food exhibits were some of the activities.
Food Safety was the theme for Dietetics Day 2016 with the slogan “Make Food Safe to Eat”. Simple household methods to detect food adulteration were demonstrated, street plays on how to make food safe, prepare hygienic food for better health were conducted, lectures and demonstrations for ladies at social organizations on detection of food adulteration, the importance of reading food labels were some of the activities conducted.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Plant-Based Diet: Secret To A Healthy Living)
Some Diet Tips You Can Follow On This Dietetics Day.
1. Mix a variety of food such as wheat, maize, rice and potatoes with legumes like lentils and beans, plenty of fresh fruit and veg, and foods from animal sources like fish, meat, eggs, and milk.
2. Include whole foods in your diets such as wheat, maize, brown rice, millet, and oats. These foods are rich in fiber.
3. In case of sudden hunger, pick healthy snacks such as fresh fruits, raw vegetables, and unsalted nuts (wash the raw food material).
4. Keep children away from sugar and salt intake.
5. Choose healthy unprocessed snacks instead of packaged and processed food or drinks.
6. Replace butter, lard, and ghee with canola, mustard, and sunflower based healthy oils.
7. Eat white meat like chicken and fish rather than red meat, trim meat, and processed meat.
8. Quit frying and start boiling food for eating.
9. Low Smoking and alcohol consumption is always fruitful for health.
10. You must never smoke or drink alcoholic drinks if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, driving or operating a machine.
We hope that on this Dietetics Day, along with the tips you would also make some changes in your lifestyle. We have a surprise for you, get your free diet plans on the occasion of the day, only at GoMedii.
(People Also Like To Read: 7 Wonders Of The Pumpkin Seeds)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.