Water fasting, you may go for it due to different reasons, which can include spiritual, diet, or some other medical reasons. An individual is in a water fasting when he/she does not eat or drinks anything else other than water. Well, as such there is not any set time limit for water fasting, but medically it is suggested somewhere between from 24 hours to 3 days as the maximum time to go without food.
(People Also Like To Read: 8 Best Indian Home Remedies For Cold)
Throughout history, people go for water fasting for spiritual or religious reasons. But, nowadays it is getting popular due to the wellness and natural health benefits of water fasting, often alongside meditation.
How to Start Water Fasting
There are various types of fasts, making it easy to find a method that fits your lifestyle.
Here is the list of different types of fasting:
- Water Fasting: It involves only the drinking of water for a set amount of time.
- Juice fasting: Intakes of just fruit juice or drinking vegetable for a certain amount of time.
- Intermittent fasting: The food consumption is partially or completely confined for a few hours up to a few days at a time and a normal diet is resumed on other days.
- Partial fasting: Certain drinks or foods like animal products, processed foods, or caffeine are remove from the diet for a certain period of time.
- Calorie Restriction: Calories are restricted for a few days every week.
Who Get Benefited from Water Fasting?
Everyone can get health benefits of water fasting. Either you are seeking for a periodic, or you suffer from different conditions; obesity, autoimmune disorders, chronic disease, digestive disorders, food addictions, mental and physical exhausted, etc.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Hangover Cure: Does Water Help With a Hangover?)
Health Benefits of Water Fasting
Here are the Endless health benefits of water fasting:
- Improves Body Composition and Fitness
- Promotes Greater Satiety
- Boosts Your Metabolism
- Supports Fat Loss and Ketosis
- Encourages Better Insulin Sensitivity
- Improves Cardiovascular Health
- Lowers Blood Pressure Decreases Blood Sugar
- Improves Blood Triglycerides
- Promotes Heart Health
- May Slow Aging and Enhance Longevity
- Decreases Inflammation
- Increases Resistance to Oxidative Stress
- Improves Cell Recycling
- Increases Growth Regulation
- Protects Your Brain
- Reduces Harmful Protein Production
- Promotes a Healthy Stress Response
- Supports Healthier Collagen in Skin
How to Break the Water Fast?
Your gastrointestinal system was healing during your water fasting, including food to the body after the water fasting should be done slowly and in moderation to avoid problems. If you don’t want to disturb your digestion, you may continue a sort of liquid fast (green juices or smoothies) for a few days. On the 4th day, you can introduce salads back into your diet and adding soups, later on, will make the transition go smoothly.
(People Also Like To Read: A Living Nightmare: Sleep Paralysis)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.