World Immunization Week
World Immunization Week is celebrated in the last week of the month of April. The aims to celebrate this day to promote the use of vaccines to protect people of all ages against disease. Immunization or vaccine saves the life of millions of people every year and is widely recognized as one of the world’s most successful and cost-effective health interventions. Still, there are still nearly 20 million unvaccinated and under-vaccinated children in the world today.
(People Also Like To Read:8 Negative Health Issues Due to Momos)
World Immunization Week Theme: #VaccinesWork
The theme of World Immunization week 2019 is “Protected Together: Vaccines Work!”, and the campaign will celebrate Vaccine Heroes globally from parents and community members to health workers and innovators. Who helps to ensure that we are all protected through the power of vaccines.
World Immunization Week 2019 Campaign Objectives:
The main objective of the campaign is to spread awareness about the importance of immunization throughout their life. As part of this campaign, WHO and its partners aim to:
- Illustrate the value of vaccines for the health of children around the world.
- Why immunization or vaccine matters
- Immunization is the most common fundamental strategy in achieving other health priorities, from controlling viral hepatitis to curbing antimicrobial resistance, and providing a platform for adolescent health and improving antenatal and newborn care.
- We need the help of all vaccine provider everywhere to reach the kids who still do not have vaccines.
- Vaccines save lives at any point of ages. They protect our children as well as us as adults.
- We can ensure that vaccines reach to each and every people that need them most. You can be a vaccine hero as a vaccine provider.
- Ensure you as well as your family is vaccinated on time.
- Be a vaccine champion it means, talk to people about the benefits of vaccines.
- Any licensed vaccine has been tested before use to make sure it is safe and effective for you and your kids.
- Health workers: Every checkup is an opportunity to check in on vaccination, for children, adults, youth, the elderly
(People Also Like To Read:Success Story: Chronic Kidney Disease)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.