Not just in Asia, but worldwide, India is among the top places to receive medical care. However, obtaining a medical visa for India without knowing and following the correct procedures can be challenging. This post will teach you everything you need to know about obtaining a Medical Visa from Ghana to India.
(People Also Like To Read: Medical Visa from Chad to India)
What is Medical Visa?
A medical visa is a document issued by the target country to the citizen of the origin country for treatment purposes. It allows international medical travelers to get access to treatments that may not be available in their home country.
There are various types of medical visas, like:
- Medical Visa (MED) – This is a visa issued to international medical travelers for medical consultation or treatment purposes.
- Medical Attendant Visa (MED-X) – This visa is given to the person accompanying the international patient holding a valid medical visa for support purposes.
- Medical Escort Visa – It is provided to the medical professional (nurses, doctors or paramedics) accompanying a patient during their travel to India.
- E-Medical Visa – It is an online facility for eligible countries to streamline the visa application process.
The Medical Visa is a short term Visa and is valid only for 60 days from the date of entry of the visitor into the country, so you would be eligible for it only if you intend to stay for no more than 60 days at one time. It is also a Triple Entry Visa, which means that the holder of the Indian Medical Visa can enter the country three times within the period of its validity, which, as mentioned above, is 60 days.
It might be a short-term Visa, but the Medical Visa for India can be obtained three times per year, so if you need to come back to the country for your medical treatment after the first 60 days of your stay in the country you can apply for it two more times within one year.
Also, one thing worth noting here is that the countdown for the visa begins from the day of issuance and not from the day of entry into India. If the patient needs a visa extension, they need to produce a medical certificate for the same and submit it to the state department and Foreign Regional Registration Office (FRRO). In such cases, their visa will be extended for an additional year.
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Medical Visa
A patient will have to check their eligibility in order to apply for the visa. The criteria are as follows:
- You should be travelling specifically for a medical treatment.
- The patient should be a holder of a standard passport (no diplomatic or any other type of passport).
- The passport should be valid for at least 6 months.
- The patient should seek care at a reputable, renowned, or specialized hospital or healthcare facility in India.
- The patient can have up to two medical professionals with them. They could be members of their family or close friends.
- The patient should be having a VIL (Visa Invitation Letter) from the institute they will seek the treatment.
A Visa for Commissioning Surrogacy is NO longer permitted.
Below is a brief list of ailments that are considered a priority case when processing an application:
- Heart-related problems
- Organ transplantation
- Renal disorders
- Congenital disorders
- Ophthalmic disorders
- Joint replacement
- Gene therapy
- Plastic surgery
Medical Visa Assistance From Ghana to India Provided By GoMedii
GoMedii India will gladly assist you in obtaining the Medical visa from Ghana to India. To learn more about the Indian visa application process and approval, please contact us.
We can provide you with the following:
- Making accessible, thorough medical treatment comparison plans.
- Assistance in getting a letter inviting you to the suggested hospital for a visa.
- Schedule appointments with medical facilities and practitioners across India to obtain multiple medical opinions.
- Provide support with the hospital’s billing, payments, and system issues.
- Considering patient’s financial constraints, arranging suitable accommodations and providing information on affordable flight options to ensure medical tourists can travel to India with appropriate arrangements
- Arranging facilities such as air ambulance, interpreter for the patient, if required.
- Arranging affordable transport options for traveling to and from the hospital and the airport.
Requirements For Medical Visa From Ghana To India
Just like other visas, a medical visa also has many requirements to complete to obtain the visa. These requirements are:
- An electronic scan of the first page of the visitor’s passport
- Copy of the visitor’s recent passport-style color photo
- A working email address
- Documentation of Residence
- Worker identification card
- Bank statement for the last three months in the name of the applicant or an Affidavit, along with a bank statement of the sponsor who will bear the expenses.
- Filled out completely and accurately on the application for a medical visa.
- Preliminary medical advice from a Ghana Doctor/Hospital
- Copy of a letter from the Indian Hospital the visitor would be seeking treatment from (VIL).
- A return or onward ticket out of the country.
- The Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate
Note: According to a notification by the Ministry of Health and Family Services, Government of India, the validity of the yellow fever vaccination certificate has been increased from 10 years to lifelong. This lifetime validity applies automatically to all existing and new certificates, beginning 10 days after the date of vaccination.
Get more details from here.
The following important documents are required for Minors while applying:
- Minor’s birth certificate
- A duplicate of each parent’s passport
- Notarized visa application with both parents’ complete signatures
(You Might Also Like To Read: Medical Visa From South Sudan To India)
Filling Up Indian Medical Visa Application Form
The patient has to follow the following steps to get their medical visa from Ghana to India
- Go to the website of Indian Government Indian Visa Online You will be directed to the goverment website for filling up the regular visa application form. Scroll and click on regular/paper visa application.
- Fill up your basic details like your home country, Indian mission/office, nationality/region, email address, DOB, purpose of visit, visa type, etc. Post this step, a temporary application id will be generated. Keep the temporary application id for future references.
- Now, start filling up the form. Keep all the relevant documents with you while filling up the form.
- The form consists of various sections – Personal details, Passport details, Contact details, Medical travel details, declaration and documents.
- Applicant Details: In this section, you will need to provide your basic personal information, such as your name, date of birth, gender, and passport number.
- Passport Details: In this section, you will need to provide the details of your passport, such as the passport number, issue date, and expiry date.
- Applicant’s Address Details: In this section, you will need to provide your address information, such as your phone number, address details, mobile number, etc.
- Family details: In this section, you will need to provide information regarding your parents like their name, nationality, etc. Your marital details will also be asked here along with your roots to Pakistan (if any).
- Profession/Occupation details: In this section, you will need to provide information regarding your occuption like your present occupation, name of the company, address, etc. You will also be asked about your previous assocation with Military, police or security organizations.
- Details of Visa sought: In this section, you will need to provide details about your medical travel, such as the purpose of your visit, the name and address of the hospital or clinic where you will be treated, and the dates of your travel.
- Previous Visa/Currently valid Visa Details: In this section, you will be asked whether you have visited India before or not. If yes, then you will have to fill up the details like previously visited cities, visa number, type of visa, etc. This section will also ask whether your request for Indian visa extension has been previously refused or not.
- Other information: This section includes information regarding countries that you have visited in the last ten years and whether you have visited any SAARC countries within the three years.
- Reference: In this section, you will be asked about your reference from India and your home country. If you don’t have a connection in India, you can add GoMedii’s contact information if you travel to India for medical treatment with GoMedii’s help.
- Additional question details: In this section, you will be asked a few questions that you have to reply in simple Yes or No. You will have to accordingly provide details if you answer yes for a question.
- Upload photograph: This section will ask you to upload a photograph with certain specifictaions, such as:
- Format – JPEG
- Size – Minimum 10 KB , Maximum 1 MB
- The minimum dimensions are 350 pixels (width) x 350 pixels (height).
- Recent front facing photograph with white background to be uploaded by the applicant.
- Do not crop the Passport Image to use it as your recent photograph. Upload clear front facing photograph with preferable white/light coloured background.
- Declaration: A check-box will be there at the end where you will need to declare that you are applying for a medical visa and that you have read and understood the terms and conditions of the visa.
- Verify the details and note down your application number.
- Print the application form and submit it to concerning Indian Mission or Agency for processing of visa application with relevant documents, like:
- Your passport (front and back pages)
- A recent photograph (passport size)
- A medical certificate from your doctor
- A letter from the hospital or clinic where you will be treated
- Once the form is filled and submitted, take a print of the completed application form and sign and submit the physical copy along with the supporting documents and the Passport to the concerned Indian Visa Application Center (IVAC) or directly at the Indian Mission on the scheduled appointed date.
- You can either pay online or at the embassy/commission.Read the instructions here for medical visa from Iraq to India
Medical Visa Processing Fee from Ghana to India
The cost of Medical Visa from Ghana to India costs USD 80 for 6 months and USD 120 for 1 year. Applicants who are not nationals of Ghana are charged additional amounts.
Time duration for Medical Visa From Ghana to India
Processing a medical visa from Ghana to India takes 3 to 5 working days, excluding the day of application submission.
To learn more about the status of your application, go to indianvisaonline.gov.in to track your visa application, click on check your visa status, and enter the Passport number printed on the receipt received by the Indian Mission.
Choose GoMedii For The Best And Affordable Treatment In India
If you want India’s best and most affordable treatment, you are at the right place and time! Trust GoMedii with your treatment; we assure you of a top-notch, hassle-free process.
We have tie-ups with one of India’s most reputed hospitals to get you the best treatment at an affordable cost. Furthermore, to avail of our packages, you can contact us on our “Website” and WhatsApp (+91 9654030724) or call us at 9599004811). Additionally, you can also email us at email@example.com. Our team will respond to you on a priority basis.
Feel free to drop your queries through this “form.” Our team of experts will contact you!
(People Also Like To Read: Medical Visa From Democratic Republic Of Congo (DRC) To India)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.