Are you planning to get pregnant? If Yes, then whenever you missed your period, the first thing come in your mind that am I pregnant? So, don’t worry you can take a test at your home only to make it confirm. The pregnancy test kit usage method is very simple, This blog will help you to know the detail about the same.
(People Also Like To Read: What Women and Gynecologist Don’t Talk About)
How Does Pregnancy Kit Work?
The home pregnancy test kit is used to detect a hormone called Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) in your urine. hCG appears in a pregnant woman’s urine, around 20 days after her last menstrual period. The levels of the hormone rise rapidly, reaching a peak within the next 60 to 80 days.
Pregnancy Test Kit Usage Method:
Here are some pregnancy kit usage tips, you should keep these tips in your mind:
- Try to perform the pregnancy test first thing in the morning for optimal results, well, it is not mandatory, but it would be helpful.
- Pregnancy tests kits are usually stored in the refrigerator. Try to make sure you bring the test kit to room temperature before you use it.
- Collect urine in a clean container. Ensure that there is no detergent inside the container.
- Take out a little urine with a dropper and put just two drops in the circular test well. Do not spill urine on the reading strip.
- Wait for around three to five minutes and then read the test results. Try to read the result before the stipulated time or waiting too long.
(You Might Also Like To Read: 5 Most Common Urological Problems in Women)
How do I Interpret the Results After the Pregnancy Test Kit Usage?
1. Look at the test kit where ‘C’ and ‘T’ are marked. ‘C’ indicates control and ‘T’ indicates the test sample.
2. If only one pink/purple line appears, in the region marked ‘C’, it means that the pregnancy test is negative.
3. If two pink/purple lines appear, one in the region marked ‘C’ and the other in the region marked ‘T’, it means that the pregnancy test is positive.
4. If no bands appear, then the test is invalid. Repeat the test with a new pack after 72 hours.
5. If the line formed in the ‘T’ region is faint, it can be because of low levels of the hCG hormone. In case of a faint line, repeat the test with a new pack after 72 hours.
Will the Test Work if I Have Just Missed My Period?
Majorly, in all cases, the test is enough to detect pregnancy even on the same day of the missed period. In some women though, the levels of hCG are not detectable at the early time in the pregnancy. If the test is negative, you can try it and repeat it after 72 hours.
So, advisable to wait for a couple of days to a week after missing your period, before performing the test. It will help to avoid a falsely negative test.
Here we have discussed the pregnancy test kit usage, you can test your pregnancy at your home without any hassle. After the confirmation, you can go to your gynecologist for further treatment.
(People Also Like To Read: Bone Health in Women: 7 Ways to Improve Your Bone Health)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.