As a child, we all loved that “purple tongue of ours” after eating Jamun. What we didn’t know was the health benefits associated with Jamun. Jamun has always been considered as best for fighting diabetes, but its seeds are no less than Jamun. Here we will discuss the health benefits of Jamun Seed for Diabetes patients.
(People Also Like To Read: Preventive Healthcare: Know About Prevention From Chronic Diseases)
What’s so special about Jamun seed for diabetes? Well, you won’t regret reading further. Jamun seed as well as fruit, both contain a substance called Jamboline and Jambosine that slow down the release of sugar into the blood. Moreover, the seed also increases insulin availability. All in all, it’s good to add a diet based on Jamun seed for diabetes.
What Are Jamun Good For?
Ayurveda suggests Jamun helps in reducing frequent urination problem. It has hypoglycaemic properties that help in reducing blood sugar levels. It contains antioxidants, that justifies, Jamun Seed helps in diabetes management. Also, various studies state that consuming Jamun seed powder reduces fasting blood sugar.
The substance called Jamboline and Jambosine, slow down the process of conversion of the starch into sugar. As a result, it lessens the chances of a sudden spike in the blood sugar level as starch from the food is metabolized.
Where type 2 diabetics face a low level of insulin availability to act on blood glucose. Jamun seeds raise the availability of the insulin level by either increasing its secretion or preventing it from degrading fast.
Apart from this, Jamun has other health benefits too:
- It helps in treating digestion related problems.
- Jamun seeds help in detoxification. It flushes out harmful substances from the body.
- It acts as a natural blood purifier and is also good for your skin.
- Seeds of Jamun can also lower the blood pressure.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Fall Seven Times, Stand Up Eight -Never Give Up)
How To Use Jamun Seed For Diabetes Management?
You can use the Jamun seed in the form of seed powder. For that, you have to use dried seeds recipe shared below;
- Make sure to clean the Jamuns first than deseed them.
- Then again, wash the seeds to avoid any leftover flesh part.
- Spread the seeds on a clean cloth and sun-dry them for about three to four days.
- Once’s dried, peel out the inner green core of the seeds.
- Next, keep the green part of the seeds in the sun for a few more days.
- Then, grind the dried greens into powder.
- Store the powder in an air-tight container and use it whenever you want.
- Take a teaspoon of Jamun seed powder either with lukewarm water or normal water every morning on an empty stomach.
Jamun Seeds As Home Remedy:
If you are a diabetic and looking forward to using Jamun seed for diabetes management, you can use it in the form of powder. The Jamun seed powder is available commercially as well as you can prepare it at home. For your concern, we have already shared the recipe above.
Besides, you can use Juman as a raw fruit. Else prepare it in some other attractive form such as juice, chips and even make a milkshake or a healthy dessert out of Jamun pulp.
Side Effects Of Jamun:
Jamun is also known as Syzygium Cumini or Indian blackberry. Though Jamun has medicinal properties yet there is no convincing information available related to the safety of consuming it in pregnancy. Hence, it is best to avoid it during pregnancy.
Besides, the other side effects of Jamun includes;
- One might experience vomiting if consumed in excess amount.
- Better keep the difference between Jamun and its seed powder in mind. Avoid eating Jamun fruit on an empty stomach.
- Jamuns taken from roadside may not be hygienic. Ensure hygiene before consuming.
- If consumed excessively at once can also lead to a sore throat.
Okay, I hope you won’t throw the seed of Jamun after knowing it’s benefits. More to it, continue to enjoy Jamuns as it is considered to be the best remedy for diabetes.
(People Also Like To Read: Are you Aware of These Which are Often Causes for Kidney Failure)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.