Diabetes, first of all, we should understand what diabetes is? Well, to understand it well we should categorize People with diabetes into two parts – first who have hyperglycemia (high blood sugar), these people have low insulin levels in their body which raise the blood sugar level and the second one is hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) when their bodies don’t have enough sugar to use as fuel. So, now let’s explore the low blood glucose symptoms which help to identify that if you also have low blood sugar.
(People Also Like To Read: Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome: A Cause of Recurrent Nausea, Vomiting)
There are several reasons which can cause low blood sugar which include diet, some medications and conditions, and exercise.
Low Blood Sugar Symptoms
Most people feel low blood sugar symptoms when their blood sugar is 70 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL) or lower.
Early symptoms include:
- Feeling shaky
- Pounding heart
- Racing pulse
- Pale skin
If low blood sugar level or hypoglycemia is not treated on time, then get more severe symptoms, including:
- Poor coordination
- Poor concentration
- Numbness in mouth and tongue
- Passing out
- Nightmares or bad dreams
What to Do When You Feel Low Blood Sugar Symptoms:
First, consume 15 grams of a fast-acting carbohydrate either in the form of solid or liquid, such as:
- Glucose tablets
- Glucose gel
- Hard candy (not sugar-free)
- Skim milk
- A soft drink (not sugar-free)
(You Might Also Like To Read: India Ranked 102 in the Global Hunger Index)
Preventing Hypoglycemia(Low Blood Sugar Level)
If you are the one who is dealing with diabetes, So, here are the ways you can prevent hypoglycemia:
- 1 tablespoon honey (keep the honey under your tongue so it gets absorbed faster in your blood steams)
- Follow your diet plan.
- Consume a minimum of three equally spaced meals daily with between-meal snacks as per your diet plan.
- Plan your meals at an equal interval of 4 to 5 hours.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes after meals. Check your sugars level after and before exercise, and discuss the changes with your doctor.
- Assure the amount of your insulin and dose of diabetes medicine before taking it.
- If you consume alcohol, do in moderation and monitor your blood sugar levels.
- Know when your medicine intake is at its peak level.
- Check your blood sugar level as often as suggested by your doctor.
Well, here we have discussed low blood sugar symptoms which are also known as hypoglycemia symptoms. Low blood sugar or hypoglycemia can be dangerous if not treated in time. If you find any of the symptoms then don’t ignore and go to visit your doctor as soon as possible. Before that try the above mention foods it will help you to get relief the symptoms instantly.
(People Also Like To Read: How to Quit Smoking? Read This Story of a Young Man!)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.