Did you know that an estimated 390 million dengue infections occur worldwide each year, with about 96 million resulting in illness? Most cases occur in tropical areas of the world, with the greatest risk occurring in India and need to control and prevent dengue fever. Dengue fever is an extremely chronic condition that can arouse the fatal health condition if not treated on time.
(People Also Like To Read: Sydenham’s Chorea: Everything Related to This Disease)
In 2015, New Delhi, India reported an outbreak of dengue fever, with 1,872 testing positive for the illness in the month of September. The most important question is how we can control and prevent dengue fever. It is believed that along with the weather change the risks of the dengue are rapidly alleviated due to an increase in the humidity and ultimately favorable environment for the mosquitoes to born. Let’s learn thoroughly about how we can control and prevent dengue fever.
What is Dengue Fever?
Dengue (pronounced as Dengee) is a mosquito-borne disease which majorly occurs in the tropical as well as the sub-tropical region of the world. This disease was earlier termed as break-borne fever due to its tendency of causing severe pain and discomfort in the bones and joints of the body.
This mosquito-borne disease has been shaping into a serious health issue from past many years. Unfortunately, even after the dramatic shift of this diseases, scientists lack to represent thorough pieces of evidence to depict the occurrence of this infection. The prime symptoms of this condition involve:
- Skin rash
It is believed people who persist weak immune system and lacks nutrition in the body remain at the stake of the risk of this condition. The virus is contracted from the bite of a striped Aedes aegypti mosquito that has previously bitten an infected person. The mosquito flourishes during rainy seasons but can breed in water-filled flower pots, plastic bags, and cans year-round. One mosquito bite can cause the disease.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Zika Virus: Its Symptoms, Risk, and Prevention)
Top 5 Dengue Prevention Tips:
It is extremely necessary to follow some essential health tips to prevent dengue fever. Majorly, if you reside near a tropical region or planning to travel near a tropical region so follow the underlying tips for staying safe and secure of the dengue fever risk.
1. Wear protective clothes while visiting outdoors, especially while commuting near a mosquito-infested area. It is recommended to wear socks, gloves, full sleeve shirts and shoes while going outdoors.
2. Stay alert during the dawn and dusk time of the day as during this period of the day, the mosquitoes are more active to bite their prey. However, mosquitoes are also active during the night so it is better to stay in a well-screened place and in an air-conditioned place.
3. Use mosquito repellent like permethrin, which can be applied to your clothing, shoes, camping gear and bed netting. You can also buy clothing made with permethrin already in it.
4. Reduce the habitats of the mosquitoes by eliminating the possibilities of the standing water and uncleanliness around the place where you live.
5. Never ignore the symptoms of sudden fever, joint pain and cough as it could be the potential symptom of dengue fever. Immediately seek doctor’s help.
Major Facts of the Dengue Fever:
1. Dengue fever is common in at least 100 countries in Asia, the Pacific, the Americas, Africa, and the Caribbean.
2. Dengue fever is a disease caused by a family of viruses transmitted by mosquitoes.
3. Papaya leaf extract can be used to treat dengue fever.
4. A vaccine for dengue fever was approved in April 2016 for use in dengue-endemic areas.
5. An estimated 390 million dengue infections occur worldwide each year.
6. Dengue fever is transmitted by the bite of an Aedes mosquito infected with a dengue virus.
Dengue Fever is an extremely chronic condition which spreads rapidly when left untreated. It is better to stay alert and perform all the prevention measures against the mosquitoes to avoid the hassle of this fever.
(People Also Like To Read: Do You Know Relation Between Neural Tube Defects and Pregnancy)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.