COVID-19 continues to spread across the world in spite of containment efforts already underway, health officials have expanded recommendations for wearing face coverings in public.
(People Also Like To Read: Junk Food Addiction, Surprised To Hear? Read it Here)
CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain. There are certain changes and new guidelines shared by the health department regarding the usage of the mask. So, you must be confused about the do’s and don’ts of using face mask.
The health department made clear the general public should be using cloth face coverings. So, here we are going to share some do’s and don’ts of using face mask in the crisis of COVID-19.
The idea behind these recommendations is that seemingly-healthy people should be covering their faces when out in public to prevent unknowingly sharing COVID-19 since even people with no symptoms can spread the disease. People who have symptoms or are known to have tested positive should already be in isolation and/or be wearing face coverings to stop the spread of the disease.
To support this Idea our Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi wore a cotton cloth mask during his meeting. He also appealed to use a simple cotton cloth or handkerchief to tide your face. It can also help you to protect yourself from the virus.
(You Might Also Like To Read: 6 Simple Ways To Relieve Ankylosing Spondylitis)
Do’s and Dont’s of Using Face Mask
Here is the recommendation of CDC for covering your face:
- Fit comfortably against the side of your face.
- Includes multiple layers of fabric.
- Breathe comfortably without restriction.
How to Clean Your Cloth Face Covering
Remove the rubber bands—if you used rubber band then remove it. Wash the fabric in the washing machine or by hand.
- Before putting on a mask, wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub.
- Cover mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
- Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you do, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp and do not re-use single-use masks.
- To remove the mask: remove it from behind (do not touch the front of the mask); discard immediately in a closed bin; clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
Here, we have discussed do’s and don’ts of using face mask. These simple steps can help you prevent yourself from these dangerous viruses. Try to follow these steps and use a simple cotton cloth to cover your face.
(People Also Like To Read: Know How Protein Boosts Immunity, Read It Here)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.