Forgetfulness is a normal part of aging. As age increases, there are certain changes occur in the body, including the brain. There is a link between forgetfulness and aging. Well, forgetfulness is not so serious as it grows with the age or not like many other health problems like Alzheimer’s. Sometimes we forget things in our daily routine like misplaced keys, mobile, or get blanked on remembering someone’s name or standing in the middle of the kitchen and forgot the reason why do we come here.
(People Also Like To Read: Polycythemia Vera: Symptoms, Causes and Complication)
As you grow older, so many physiological changes occur that can cause some problems in the brain functions. It takes longer to recall and learn information. You are not as quick as you were. In fact, Sometimes you think that this slowing of your mental processes is a memory loss. But majorly, if you give some time, you may recall the information. That’s why it’s important to know the link between forgetfulness and aging which is quite different from the symptoms that may indicate a developing cognitive problem.
The Link Between Forgetfulness and Aging:
Your brain is capable of producing new brain cells at any point of your age, so memory loss is not a necessary result of aging. But your brain is work as your muscle strength, you have to use it or lose it. Your habits, lifestyle, and daily activities affect mental health. Irrespective of your age, there are various ways that can help you to improve your cognitive skills, prevent memory loss, and protect your grey matter.
Mental abilities are largely unaffected by normal aging, like:
- Your ability to do the things you’ve done regularly do often.
- The knowledge and wisdom that you’ve acquired from your lifetime experience.
- Your common sense and your ability to form judgments and reasonable arguments.
Causes of Forgetfulness and Aging:
Here are the causes that can be the link between the forgetfulness and aging:
- The hippocampus, which is part of your brain that is responsible for the retrieval and formation of memories, deteriorates with age.
- The proteins and hormones that repair and protect brain cells and stimulate neural growth also deteriorate by age.
- By the growing age, blood flow to the brain also decreased, which can impair memory and lead to changes in cognitive skills.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Say No to Health Problems During the Winter Season)
Symptoms of Forgetfulness by Aging and Memory loss:
- Age-related memory changes.
- Able to perform independently normal activities, irrespective of occasional memory lapses.
- Able to recall incidents of forgetfulness.
- Experience in remembering the directions, but doesn’t get lost in familiar places.
- Feel difficulty finding the exact word, but no trouble in conversation.
- Decision-making and judgment ability the same as always.
Symptoms of Memory Loss:
- Difficulty performing simple or daily tasks, forgetting how to do things you’ve done often.
- Unable to recall specific instances where memory loss caused problems
- Gets disoriented or lost even in familiar places.
- Words are frequently misused, forgotten, or garbled; Repeats the same conversation while talking
- May show poor judgment or behave in socially inappropriate ways
Here we have discussed the link between forgetfulness and aging, which is quite normal and doesn’t have any serious complications like memory loss. Simple lifestyle changes can help you to cope up with forgetfulness due to aging. But if you experience serious memory loss problem then you should consult your doctor for the diagnosis.
(People Also Like To Read: Supplement Side Effects: What You Need To Know?)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.