Can you live without your liver? Obviously No, Liver plays an important role in our body. The liver is the second largest organ in our body, is situated in the upper part of the abdomen on the right side. It cleans your blood and gives you energy and it helps to digest food. It weighs about three pounds and is shaped like a football. The liver is important and it has many functions. Your liver processes what you eat and drink, your body filters out harmful substances from your blood. Liver damage can affect your complete body functioning.
(People Also Like To Read: 3 Great Ways to Cure Dupuytren’s Contracture)
What is Liver Damage?
Liver damage is a condition when any disturbance of liver function causes illness. As the liver is responsible for many critical functions within the body and if it becomes diseased or injured, the loss of those functions can cause significant damage to the body. Liver disease is also referred to as hepatic disease.
What are the Symptoms of Liver Damage?
1.Skin and eyes that appear yellowish
3.Swelling in the legs
5.Dark urine color
6.Pale stool color, or bloody or tar-colored stool
8.Nausea or vomiting
9.Loss of appetite
11. Weight loss
13. Bad breath
14. Lack of concentration
17. Hyperpigmentation on face
(You Might Also Like To Read: Facial Palsy or Bell’s Palsy: Symptoms, Causes & Treatment)
What are the Causes of Liver Damage?
There are few causes of liver damage :
1. Cells can become inflamed.
2. Bile flow can be obstructed.
3. Cholesterol or triglycerides can accumulate.
4. Blood flow to the liver may be settled.
5. Liver tissue can be damaged by chemicals and minerals, or infiltrated by abnormal cells, like cancer cells.
How to Treat Liver Damage?
There are few tips to cure your liver damage :
1. Treatment for liver disease depends on your diagnosis.
2. Some liver problems can be treated with lifestyle modifications, such as stopping alcohol use or losing weight, typically as part of a medical program that includes careful monitoring of liver function.
3. Other liver problems may be treated with medications or may require surgery.
4. Firstly you have to take a good diet, as not to put any unnecessary stress on the liver.
5. Consult a doctor as soon as possible, whenever you start facing these symptoms.
Here, we have discussed the symptoms and for liver damage. The liver plays an important role in our body functions. It can do protein production and blood clotting to cholesterol, glucose (sugar), and iron metabolism. The best way to cure liver damage is to eat healthy food, take proper medicines. If you feel that there is some major happening inside so, consult a doctor as soon as possible. Get diagnosed, tests, CTC scan, MRI, ultrasound etc.
(People Also Like To Read: Shortness of Breath: Causes & Treatment)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.