Tulsi, the holy basil leaves is crowned as the ‘Queen of Herbs.’ The herb is revered in India because of some well-established reasons. This is one must-have herb at home not only for religious beliefs but because of its immense medicinal benefits. Basil combats the plethora of ailments.
People Also Like: Herbs That Can Add Health To Your Food
Here are Some Major Benefits of Tulsi:
- Basil reduces the risk of heart attacks and heart disease as it contains flavonoids which prevent the formation of clots in arteries.
- Basil helps reduce bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol, which further reduces heart ailments.
- Basil is an effective adaptogen (anti-stress agent) and alleviates stress. Basil regulates stress hormone level known as cortisol. The antioxidants of herb act against psychological stress, physical stress, metabolic stress and chemical stress.
- Basil can be an effective answer to cancer. Basil contains eugenol which fights against cancer. It contains many other phytochemicals which prevent the formation of cancer enzymes.
- Basil can also lower the blood sugar level and might increases insulin se3cretions resulting in prevention from diabetes.
- It is also believed that basil helps in reducing weight because of its attributes of regulating cholesterol, and glucose level. However, no scientific evidence has proved it yet.
- Tulsi extracts can help in curing fever, common cold and sore throat. Boiling leaves in water and drinking it is one of the traditional home remedies in a sore throat.
- Basils help treat many respiratory disorders like asthma, bronchitis etc. It dissolves the phlegm, thus treats bronchitis, asthma, eosinophilic lung diseases.
- Basil contains eucalyptol, which reduces inflammation and improves blood circulation. It relieves joint pain and the pain in near wounded area. People Also Like: Fight The Bite At Home: Some Home Remedies For Treating Dengue
- Basil protects the blood vessels from damage by removing plaque.
- Basil’s antibacterial property helps in removing oral plaque, thus acting as an excellent mouthwash.
- Basil helps in preventing eye disorders caused because of fungal, bacterial and viral infections. It also helps in treating conjunctivitis, cataracts and many other vision-related ailments.
- Basil juices help in curing stomach aches, ulcers, acidity etc. issues related to abdominal health.
The holy basil is considered blissful as it cures innumerable ailments. Chewing 5-6 leaves and consuming its water on a daily basis can help you in remaining healthy. As per wise man’s words, prevention is better than cure, the means of prevention is near you in your homes. Have it and stay healthy.
[People Also Like: The Medicinal Berry “Goji Berries”]
Buy medicines for heart diseases from your nearby pharmacy at cheaper price from GoMedii.
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.