Paracetamol, one of the most commonly used over-the-counter medicine. We all know about it and use it very frequently. But you ever notice the paracetamol side effect? Well, these side effect is not so common, however, if it occurs then the one should consult to a doctor in an immediate effect.
(People Also Like To Read: Myasthenia Gravis: Symptoms and Causes)
Uses of Paracetamol
Paracetamol is used to relief different problems like:
- Fever: Paracetamol, which is commonly used to get short-term relief from fever without treating the primary cause.
- Headache: It is another use of paracetamol to relieve severe headaches including a migraine.
- Muscle Pain: It is used to relieve mild to medium pain in the muscles.
- Menstrual Cramps: Paracetamol is also used to get relieved from pain and cramping during menstrual cycles in women.
- Post-Immunization Pyrexia: Paracetamol is used in the treatment of pain and fever that sets in after one has taken vaccinations.
- Arthritis: Paracetamol is used to relieve joint pain including mild to moderate pain in arthritis.
Paracetamol Side Effects:
Contact to your doctor without delay if any of the following Paracetamol side effects occur:
- Bloody or black, tarry stools
- bloody cloudy urine
- fever with or without chills
- pain in the lower back and/or side
- pinpoint red spots on the skin
- skin rash, hives, or itching
- sores, ulcers, or white spots on the lips or in the mouth
- a sudden decrease in the amount of urine
- unusual bleeding or bruising
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- yellow eyes or skin
Well, these paracetamol side effects are rare but if occurs can be dangerous for an individual, so don’t avoid and consult the doctor immediately.
(You Might Also Like To Read: 15 Best Calcium-Rich Food Items for Everyone)
Paracetamol Side Effects if You Have Overdose:
Get emergency help instantly if any of the following symptoms of overdose occur while taking acetaminophen:
Symptoms of Overdose
- increased sweating
- loss of appetite
- nausea or vomiting
- swelling, pain, or tenderness in the upper abdomen or stomach area
Onset of Action
The effect of paracetamol can be observed within 1 hour of consumption. When given in the form of an intravenous injection, the pain-relieving action starts in 5-10 minutes. To reduce fever, the time taken is around 30 minutes.
Duration of effect
The effect of paracetamol medicine retains for an average duration of 4-6 hours.
Safe with alcohol?
Alcohol consumption is not recommended during treatment with paracetamol because of the increased risk of serious side effects like severe gastrointestinal bleeding, dizziness, fatigue, weakness, rashes, nausea, joint pain, fever, jaundice, etc.
Usage in pregnancy?
It is not recommended to use while pregnancy unless necessary and the potential benefits outweigh the risks involved. It may not any harm to the fetus, but should only be used after consultation with your doctor. Oral intake of paracetamol should be recommended over the intravenous route.
Usage while breast-feeding?
Paracetamol is safe to use during breastfeeding. It is advised to consult your doctor before taking this medicine. Monitor the infant for any undesired side effects and report any incidence of rashes on skin or diarrhea in the infant to the doctor immediately.
(People Also Like To Read: Dengue Fever Treatment & Precautions)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.