Water is the most important and most essential element of our body. Generally, dehydration is a deficiency of water in the body. The problems like -Vomiting, diarrhea, or excessive sweating, burns, kidney failure, and use of diuretics may cause dehydration. People feel thirsty, and as dehydration worsens, they may sweat less and excrete less urine. If dehydration is severe, people may be confused or feel light-headed.
(People Also Like To Read: What is the Link Between Sleep Apnea and Depression?)
What is Water Deficiency?
The human body is about 75% of water. Without water, we cannot survive. It is found inside cells, within blood vessels, and between cells.
What are the Symptoms of a Water Deficiency in the Body?
There are some symptoms which are divided into two parts the adult one and the child one, which include:
Symptoms in Adults
- Dry mouth
- Weakness in muscles
Serious dehydration may be characterized by extreme versions of the symptoms above as well as:
- Lack of sweating
- Sunken eyes
- Shriveled and dry skin
- Increased heart rate
Symptoms in Children
- Dry tongue and mouth
- No tears when crying
- Sunken cheeks and/or eyes
- No wet diaper for 3 or more hours
(You Might Also Like To Read: Benefits and Advantages of E-Prescribing)
What are the Causes of Water Deficiency?
There are some causes of water deficiency include:
- Diarrhea – It is the most common cause of dehydration and related some deaths. The large intestine absorbs water from food matter, and diarrhea prevents this from happening. The body excretes too much water, leading to dehydration.
- Vomiting – It leads to a loss of fluids and makes it difficult to replace water by drinking it.
- Sweating – The body’s cooling machine releases a notable amount of water. Hot and humid weather and strong physical activity can further increase fluid loss from sweating. Also, a fever can cause an increase in sweating and may dehydrate the patient, especially if there is also diarrhea and vomiting.
- Diabetes – If the high blood sugar levels cause increased urination and fluid loss.
- The frequent urge of urination – It usually caused by uncontrolled diabetes, but also can be due to alcohol and medications such as diuretics, antihistamines, blood pressure medications, and antipsychotics.
- Burns – Blood vessels can become damaged, causing fluid to leak into the surrounding tissues.
What are the Complications of Water Deficiency?
If dehydration is not checked, it can lead to serious complications; these can include:
- Low Blood – The less blood produces a drop in blood pressure and a reduction in the amount of oxygen reaching tissues; this can be life-threatening.
- Seizures – Due to an imbalance of electrolytes.
- Kidney Problems – including kidney stones, urinary tract infections, and eventually kidney failure.
- Heat Wound – Ranging from mild cramps to heat exhaustion or even heat stroke.
What are the Preventions of Water Deficiency?
For adults should drink at least 6-8 glasses of fluids daily (including fluid from eating foods high in water content, like fruits and vegetables). Fluid intake should be increased on hot days and during or after prolonged exercise.
High body temperature and hot weather increase the body’s need for water. Flavored drinks have been formulated to replace electrolytes lost during vigorous exercise. These drinks can be used to prevent dehydration.
Water deficiency creates problematic health issues, so yeah its a suggestion kindly manage your water intake otherwise you create a problem for yourself. If you are manging it then consult a good doctor about the issue so they can help you easily.
(People Also Like To Read: How to Take Ashwagandha? – Should You Try It?)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.