What are Low-Carb Foods?
Low-carb foods are those kinds of foods that contain low carbohydrates. Several studies have shown that low-carb diets generally cause more weight loss than the low-fat diets.
People Also Like: 11 Foods That Help You Stay Hydrated
Cutting carbohydrates from food can have numerous other benefits for metabolic health including a reduction in blood sugar, blood pressure, and triglycerides, higher high-density lipoprotein (HDL).
Usually, people use or follow a low-carb diet for health benefits and reducing weight.
Low-Carbohydrate Diet or Low-Carb Diet:
The low-carbohydrate diet is a dietary program that restricts the excess carbohydrate consumption in the body. In these diets, the carbohydrate is replaced or limited with foods that contain the higher percentage of moderate protein like meat and fish, fats, and other foods like salad vegetables.
According to the American Academy of Family Physicians, low-carbohydrate diets are the diets that restrict carbohydrate intake to 20 to 60 grams per day, and according to the U.S. Institute of Medicine, approve a minimum intake of 130 g of carbohydrate per day.
Health Effects of Low-Carbohydrate Diets:
Weight loss: Low-carbohydrate diet helps in reducing weight loss if an overweight person pursues a low-carbohydrate diet he/she will experience no superior benefit to cardiovascular health as compared to those who follow a balanced weight-loss diet.
Diabetes: Carbohydrate consumption is a traditional treatment for diabetes, it helps in the development of insulin therapy, and also helps in controlling glucose level.
People Also Like: Bitter Truth About Diabetes: 2018 Research Shows
Blood lipids: It helps in maintaining high-density lipoprotein cholesterol level.
Foods to Incorporate into Low-Carb Diet:
- Eggs- One large egg contains 6 grams of protein, less than 1/2 gram carbs, and 5 grams of fat. A study, published in the periodical “American Journal of Clinical Nutrition,” reveals that eggs do contain cholesterol but don’t increase the risk of heart disease.
- Beef- A beef contain protein, and also have the good amount of vitamins and minerals.
- Hemp seeds- A 3-tablespoon hemp seeds contain 9 grams of protein, and hemp seeds can be used on foods like yogurt, salads or oatmeal.
- Peanut Butter- A 2 tablespoons of peanut butter contain 7 grams of protein and 16 grams of healthy fats.
- Nuts- Nuts such as almonds, walnuts or pistachios contain approximately 6 grams of proteins and carbohydrates.
- String cheese- One cheese stick contains just 80 calories for 6 grams of protein.
- Olives- It contains heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids with 2 grams of carbohydrate and 1 gram of fiber.
- Jerky- It contains protein and carbs.
- Quinoa- It contains protein and fiber.
- Oatmeal- It contains beta-glucan, which helps slow digestion.
Low-carbohydrate vegetables and fruits:
There are several vegetables and fruits that contain low carbohydrates including cauliflower, zucchini, spaghetti squash, sweet potatoes, plums, berries, and cantaloupe.
[People Also Like: 10 Health Benefits of Eating Jackfruit]
Buy medicines for Diabetes from your nearby pharmacy at a cheaper price from GoMedii.
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.