The World Asthma Day is celebrated globally on the first Tuesday of May every year. It is a big event to be observed by people around the world to increase more awareness among people about asthma prevention. This program is held annually by GINA (Global Initiative for Asthma) internationally to spread the knowledge of asthma.
(People Also Like To Read: 11 Best Summer Care Tips for Kids To Protect From Heat)
It is celebrated every year on the first Tuesday in the month of May. The World Asthma Day celebration was first started in the year 1998 by the commencement of GINA after the meeting in Spain and now it is celebrated in around 35 countries.
World Asthma Day Theme 2020
The Theme of 2020 is “Reduce The Burden Of Asthma”
The “Global Initiative for Asthma” (GINA) organizes various programs with the help of organizers and colleagues every year, such as – encouraging the general public by using health care groups and asthma teachers using a theme called “It’s Time to Control Asthma”.
GINA distributes content and resources for organizing the event each year with the theme of the festival. Various health care professionals, members, educators, and other health care organizations participated in the celebration showing their activities related to asthma in many public places so that they could help reduce asthmatics.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Self-Medication Risks & Benefits: Don’t Be A Google Doctor)
World Asthma Day Activities:
World Asthma Day is celebrated every month on first Tuesday of May, so this month is referred as Asthma Awareness Month organizing by “National Asthma Education and Prevention Program (NAEPP)” and encourages people to take care of their asthma.
Here is the list of activities of World Asthma Day:
• Free checkups are organized to assess the severity of people.
• Patients are encouraged for their scheduled follow-up visits at periodic intervals of six months and environmental risks are controlled to prevent allergic or irritation.
• In many countries, the Asthma Society celebrates World Asthma Day at the national level.
• New asthma clinics and pharmacy clinics have been opened in the required areas.
The Purpose of World Asthma Day 2020:
- Identifying the patient for accurate treatment of primary or secondary level based on the standard guidelines.
- Reduce mortality due to asthma.
- Increase awareness of asthma symptoms and how to control it.
- Educate health practitioners about the importance of correct diagnosis and disease control.
Avoid These Things if You are Asthma patient:
- Stay away from smoking
- Avoid dust, soil
- Use masks
- Avoid cold
- Do not go to polluted places
(People Also Like To Read: 10 Best Summer Care Products For Beautiful Skin)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.