World Thalassemia Day is celebrated all around the world every year on the 8th of May to raise awareness about the disease thalassemia among common people all through the globe. Celebration of World Thalassemia Day was started by the World Health Organization (WHO) in order to spread awareness among the people about the sickness, prevention measures and ways to avoid its transmission.
(People Also Like To Read: Sore Throat: Symptoms, Causes & Prevention)
World Thalassaemia Day Theme 2019
The World Thalassaemia Day is a commemoration day in honor of all patients with thalassemia and their parents who have never lost hope for life, despite a pressure of their disease, and to all scientists who, with dedication and efforts, are striving to ensure an better quality of life to people along with thalassaemia across the world.
What is Thalassemia?
Thalassemia is an inherited blood disorder involving lower-than-normal amounts of an oxygen-carrying protein. It causes destruction and weakening of the red blood cells, affects the formation of hemoglobin in the body and can lead to mild as well as severe anemia. It causes problems like jaundice, heart palpitations, bone deformities, cardiovascular illnesses, iron overload, enlarged liver, enlarged bones of cheeks or forehead, enlarged spleen, delayed puberty and many more.
Around 4% of the people are living with thalassemia and near about 10,000 children are born along with thalassemia every year in India itself. This disease can be of sort of alpha, beta, delta, and combination of others thalassemia.
What are the Reasons for World Thalassemia Day Celebration?
World Thalassemia Day is celebrated to help people who are suffering from thalassemia all around the world and to understand the problems of their daily life. It is considered as a genetical inherit blood disorder which can affect people in any span of life.
Thalassemia has the ability to destroy the whole world or the nation by affecting newborn or young children. Children are the asset and future of any nation, and they have the ability to lead their nation as well as the world. So, it has become our biggest responsibility to prevent children from this kind of diseases. The Most common reasons for celebrating world thalassemia day are:
- It is celebrated to spread awareness about the disease for the common public.
- To develop effective prevention methods to control this issue.
- To encourage and motivate the general people, mainly youths for blood donation to prevent the people who are suffering from this disease.
- For the motivation of the doctors as well as the other health professionals to take care of the people and their needs.
- Promoting people who are suffering from it to go to the hospital for early detection and prevention.
- Motivating youths for the test before marriage and get diagnosed about all health-related problem and prevent thalassemia to get inherited in the next generations.
- To make the community, society, country as well as a world free from this disease and other inheritable diseases.
- To motivate the government institution to evolve more health care facilities in the unsafe area.
(People Also Like To Read: Children’s Day: Top 5 Amazing Children’s Health Tips)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.