- 1 What Is A Medical Visa?
- 2 Eligibility For Medical Visa From Uganda To India
- 3 Medical Visa Requirements From India To Uganda
- 4 Filling Up Medical Visa To India Form Step-wise
- 5 What Is E-visa?
- 6 Filling Up The E-visa Form
- 7 Medical Visa Processing Fees From Uganda To India
- 8 Medical Visa Processing Time From Uganda To India
- 9 Medical Visa Assistance From Uganda to India Provided By GoMedii
- 10 Important Links
- 11 FAQs On Medical Visa From Uganda To India
- 12 Get Free Expert Medical Opinions
India is one of the top places in the world for medical treatment, not just in Asia. However, getting a medical visa to India can be challenging if you do not know and follow the correct criteria. This article will teach you everything you need to know about obtaining a medical visa from Uganda to India.
Read on to know more.
(You May Also Like To Read: Medical Visa From Myanmar To India)
What Is A Medical Visa?
Before knowing everything about medical visas from the Uganda to India, let’s brush up on a medical visa. We are sure you would know about it already, but there’s no harm in getting a few things cleared.
A target country issues a medical visa to a person from the origin country visiting the target country for treatment. There are various types of medical visas, like:
- Medical Visa (MED) – This visa is issued to international medical travellers for medical consultation or treatment.
- Medical Attendant Visa (MED-X) – This visa is given to the person accompanying the international patient holding a valid medical visa for support purposes.
- Medical Escort Visa – It is provided to the medical professional (nurses, doctors or paramedics) accompanying a patient during their travel to India.
- E-Medical Visa – It is an online facility for eligible countries to streamline the visa application process.
The Medical Visa is a short-term Visa and is valid only for 60 days from the date of entry of the visitor into the country, so you would be eligible for it only if you intend to stay for no more than 60 days at one time. It is also a Triple Entry Visa, which means that the holder of the Indian Medical Visa can enter the country three times within its validity period, which, as mentioned above, is 60 days.
It might be a short-term Visa, but the Medical Visa for India can be obtained three times per year, so if you need to come back to the country for your medical treatment after the first 60 days of your stay in the country, you can apply for it two more times within one year.
Also, one thing worth noting here is that the countdown for the visa begins from the day of issuance and not from the day of entry into India. If the patient needs a visa extension, they must produce a medical certificate and submit it to the state department and Foreign Regional Registration Office (FRRO). In such cases, their visa will be extended for an additional year.
Eligibility For Medical Visa From Uganda To India
A patient will have to check their eligibility to apply for the visa. The criteria are as follows:
- You should be traveling specifically for medical treatment.
- The patient should hold a standard passport (no diplomatic or other Passport).
- The passport should be valid for at least six months.
- The passport should also have at least two blank pages for stamping purposes.
- The patient should seek care at a reputable, renowned, or specialized hospital or healthcare facility in India.
- Up to two attendants who are blood relatives are allowed to accompany the applicant.
- The patient should have a VIL (Visa Invitation Letter) from the institute where they will seek the treatment.
A Visa for Commissioning Surrogacy is NO longer permitted.
Below is a brief list of ailments that are considered a priority case when processing an application:
- Heart-related problems
- Organ transplantation
- Renal disorders
- Congenital disorders
- Ophthalmic disorders
- Joint replacement
- Gene therapy
- Plastic surgery
Medical Visa Requirements From India To Uganda
Just like other visas, a medical visa also has many requirements to complete to obtain the visa. These requirements are:
- An electronic scan of the first page of the visitor’s passport
- Copies of the visitor’s recent passport-style color photo to be affixed at the top of the visa application form.
- A working email address
- A debit card or a credit card for the payment of the application fees
- Documentation of Residence (original and photocopy)
- Worker identification card
- Bank statement for the last three months in the name of the applicant or an affidavit along with a bank statement of the sponsor who will bear the expenses.
- Filled out completely and accurately on the application for a medical visa.
- Preliminary medical advice from a Ugandan Doctor/Hospital, along with all the investigatory reports (original and photocopy)
- A return or onward ticket out of the country.
- Letter from the Indian Hospital the visitor would be seeking treatment from (VIL) (original and photocopy).
The medical visa requirements from Uganda to India for minors are:
- Birth certificate of the applicant (Copy and original).
- In case the status of minor’s father is unknown, a Statutory Declaration is required from the mother stating the same.
- No objection letter (letter of consent) signed by the parent and also signing on the visa application form.
- Others documents are required for case to case basis.
There are certain requirements specific to a medical visa to India from Uganda, such as:
- The Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate (original and photocopy)
Note: According to a notification by the Ministry of Health and Family Services, Government of India, the validity of the yellow fever vaccination certificate has been increased from 10 years to lifelong. This lifetime validity applies automatically to all existing and new certificates, beginning 10 days after the date of vaccination.
Get more details from here.
Refer to this link for more details on medical visas from Uganda to India.
Filling Up Medical Visa To India Form Step-wise
The patient has to follow the following steps to get their medical visa from Uganda to India.
- Go to the website of the Indian Government Indian Visa Online. You will be directed to the government website to complete the regular visa application form. Scroll and click on regular/paper visa application.
- Fill up your basic details like your home country, Indian mission/office, nationality/region, email address, DOB, purpose of visit, visa type, etc. Post this step; a temporary application id will be generated. Keep the temporary application id for future reference.
- Now, start filling up the form. Keep all the relevant documents with you while filling up the form.
- The form consists of various sections – Personal details, Passport details, Contact details, Medical travel details, declaration, and documents.
- Applicant Details: In this section, you must provide basic personal information, such as your name, date of birth, gender, and passport number.
- Passport Details: In this section, you will need to provide the details of your passport, such as the passport number, issue date, and expiry date.
- Applicant’s Address Details: In this section, you must provide your address information, such as your phone number, address details, mobile number, etc.
- Family details: In this section, you must provide information regarding your parents, like their names, nationality, etc. Your marital details and roots in Pakistan (if any) will also be asked here.
- Profession/Occupation details: In this section, you must provide information regarding your occupation, like your present occupation, company name, address, etc. You will also be asked about your previous association with the Military, police, or security organizations.
- Details of Visa sought: In this section, you will need to provide details about your medical travel, such as the purpose of your visit, the name and address of the hospital or clinic where you will be treated, and the dates of your travel.
- Previous Visa/Currently valid Visa Details: In this section, you will be asked whether you have visited India. If yes, you must fill up the details like previously visited cities, visa number, type of visa, etc. This section will also ask whether your request for an Indian visa extension has been previously refused.
- Other information: This section includes information regarding countries you have visited in the last ten years and whether you have visited any SAARC countries within the three years.
- Reference: In this section, you will be asked about your reference from India and your home country. If you don’t have a connection in India, you can add GoMedii’s contact information if you travel to India for medical treatment with GoMedii’s help.
- Additional question details: In this section, you will be asked a few questions to reply in simple Yes or No. You will have to provide details accordingly if you answer yes to a question.
- Upload photograph: This section will ask you to upload a photograph (vertically) with certain specifications, such as:
- Format – JPEG
- Size – Minimum 10 KB, Maximum 1 MB
- The minimum dimensions are 350 pixels (width) x 350 pixels (height).
- A recent front-facing photograph with white background is to be uploaded by the applicant.
- Do not crop the Passport Image to use it as your recent photograph. Upload a clear front-facing photograph with preferable white/light-colored background.
- Declaration: A checkbox will be there at the end where you will need to declare that you are applying for a medical visa and that you have read and understood the terms and conditions of the visa.
- Verify the details and note down your application number.
- Print the application form and submit it to concerning Indian Mission or Agency for processing of visa application with relevant documents, like:
- Your passport (front and back pages)
- A recent photograph (passport size)
- A medical certificate from your doctor
- A letter from the hospital or clinic where you will be treated
- Once the form is filled and submitted, take a print of the completed application form and sign and submit the physical copy along with the supporting documents and the passport to the concerned Indian Visa Application Center (IVAC) or directly at the Indian Mission on the scheduled appointed date.
- You can either pay online or at the embassy/commission.
- The applicant has to come personally to submit Visa Application at the Embassy as BIOMETRIC ENROLLMENT (Capture of Finger Prints/Photo) of the Visa applicant is mandatory.
Read the instructions here for a medical visa from Uganda to India.
The application is liable to be rejected if the uploaded photograph is unclear and as per specification.
Note: Uganda is eligible for an Indian e-medical visa
What Is E-visa?
An e-visa or electronic visa is a digital travel document issued by a destination country to citizens of the country of origin. This system was designed to simplify the visa application process, sparing travelers from lengthy and tiresome bureaucratic procedures and offering an alternative to obtaining visas at border checkpoints.
There are three sub-categories of e-visas:
(a) e-Tourist Visa: Intended for recreational purposes, sightseeing, casual visits to meet friends or relatives, and attending short-term yoga programs.
(b) e-Business Visa: Granted for all activities allowed under a regular Business Visa.
(c) e-Medical Visa: Specifically for medical treatment, including treatment under Indian systems of medicine.
Filling Up The E-visa Form
An e-visa is a much simpler and streamlined version compared to a traditional visa. The payment for an e-visa can be made online, and within 24-48 hours (on an urgent basis), you can obtain your medical e-visa. You have to follow these simple steps:
- Fill up the form for an Indian e-visa.
- Upload all the relevant documents like passport-sized photographs, passport pages, etc.
- Pay e-visa fees online (debit/credit card/payment wallet).
- Receive the ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) online, which will be mailed to you.
- Print the ETA and present it at Immigration Check Post, where eVisa will be stamped on the passport.
- When a medical visa from Uganda to India is applied online, there is no requirement at any stage to visit Indian Embassy or Indian Consulate. You can go to the airport once the eVisa for India is received by email.
- Ugandan citizens must keep a soft copy of an email received on their Phone/Computer/Tablet or a printed copy and carry the eVisa to the airport. There is no stamp requirement on the passport for Ugandan citizens for the e-medical visa sent in an email.
Know more here.
Medical Visa Processing Fees From Uganda To India
The processing fee for an e-medical visa from Uganda to India is $80.
Refer to the table below for processing fee for a regular/paper medical visa.
|Code||Type||Duration||Entries||Cost in UGX||Cost in USD|
|MED||Medical||Upto 6 months||Single/Multiple||300,000||79.83|
|MED||Medical||6 months to 1 year||Multiple||445,000||118.42|
|MED-X||Medical Attendant||Upto 6 months||Single/Multiple||300,000||79.83|
|MED-X||Medical Attendant||6 months to 1 year||Multiple||445,000||118.42|
Note: A bank charge of 2.5% will be charged additionally on applicable e-Visa fees.
Read more here.
You can refer to this link as well.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Medical Visa From Mali To India)
Medical Visa Processing Time From Uganda To India
While a traditional medical visa from Uganda to India can take 3-5 days or seven days during peak season, an e-medical visa only takes 24-48 hours to process (on an urgent basis).
Medical Visa Assistance From Uganda to India Provided By GoMedii
GoMedii India will gladly assist you in obtaining a Medical visa from Uganda to India. Apart from visa assistance, we also assist in various other services, such as:
- Personalized care and support to our patients
- Making accessible, thorough medical treatment comparison plans.
- Assistance in getting a letter inviting you to the suggested hospital for a visa.
- Health management (health wallet – click here to avail of the facility).
- Schedule appointments with medical facilities and practitioners across India to obtain multiple medical opinions.
- Provide support with the hospital’s billing, payments, and system issues.
- Considering patients’ financial constraints, arranging suitable accommodations, and providing information on affordable flight options to ensure medical tourists can travel to India with appropriate arrangements.
- Arranging facilities such as air ambulance, interpreter for the patient, if required.
- Airport and other commute services
- Local SIM card assistance
- Arranging FOREX services for the patient and their family
- Medicine and prescription fulfillment
- Assisting in easy discharge
- Providing tour management services post-treatment
- Arranging for post-treatment follow-up care
- Insurance and financing assistance
- High Commission Of India, Kampala, Uganda
- Things to remember During Visa Extension
- Online Registration
- Health Regulation
FAQs On Medical Visa From Uganda To India
1. How can I get a medical visa to India?
To obtain a medical visa for India, you need to apply through the official Indian embassy or consulate in your country, providing required medical documentation and following their application process. Fill up the form for an Indian e-visa, providing all necessary details and uploading relevant documents. Proceed to pay the fees, and within 3-5 working days, you will receive your e-visa via email.
2. How long can you stay in India on a medical visa?
The Medical visa for India allows you to stay for 60 days. You may leave and re-enter up to 2 more times during this period.
3. How much is an Indian medical visa from Uganda?
An e-medical visa from Uganda to India costs around $80. The triple-entry visa will allow an applicant to stay in the country for 60 days.
4. How long does it take to get a medical visa for India?
It takes 3-7 business working days to get a medical visa for India, either paper or electronic. However, you can get the e-medical visa within 24-48 hours on an urgent basis.
5. Does a Ugandan need a visa to go India?
Yes, citizens of Uganda require a visa to visit India, and they can apply for various types of visas, including tourist and medical visas, through the official channels.
6. Can I convert my tourist visa to medical visa in India?
The FRRO/FRO can issue a ‘Medical Permit’ without changing the visa to a Medical Visa, unless the treatment extends beyond 180 days or the visa’s specified stay period.
Get Free Expert Medical Opinions
Get connected with us and get Free Expert Medical opinions for yourself and your loved ones. Obtain exact and reliable information about your diagnosis and treatment options in India. Whether you’re dealing with complex medical issues or seeking a second opinion, we are here to provide you with the most accurate information and guidance. We will also assist you in obtaining a medical visa from Uganda to India.
Trust GoMedii with your treatment; we assure you of a top-notch, hassle-free process.
We have tie-ups with one of India’s most reputed hospitals to get you the best treatment at an affordable cost. Furthermore, to avail of our services, you can contact us on our “Website” or call us at 9599004811. Additionally, you can also email us at email@example.com. Our team will respond to you on a priority basis.
Feel free to drop your queries through this “form.” Our team of experts will contact you!
(People Also Like To Read: Medical Visa From Comoros To India)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.