“Endometriosis is excruciatingly painful. It feels like a constant battle inside my body. The pain can range from dull to sharp, and it can be debilitating. The exhaustion and fatigue are overwhelming, and it can feel like I’m constantly battling against my own body. It’s frustrating to have a condition that is often misunderstood and misdiagnosed. I’m constantly reminded of my limitations, which affects my quality of life daily.”
(People Also Like To Read: Allo-Hemodialysis: The Latest Kidney Treatment In India)
Ask any woman with endometriosis; this is what you will hear. Endometriosis affects roughly 10% of reproductive-age women and girls globally. Despite being a common disease, endometriosis is widely misunderstood, and many myths exist.
Gomedii is here to raise awareness of endometriosis, which affects almost 190 million women worldwide. Keep reading to learn about endometriosis, from symptoms to treatments, and the best hospitals to get affordable endometriosis treatment in India.
An Overview of Affordable Endometriosis Treatment in India
Endometriosis is a chronic disease with no cure, but the symptoms can be treated to improve the quality of life. Indian hospitals offer an on-point diagnosis for endometriosis. The most affordable endometriosis treatment in India, it is!
All About Endometriosis
Endometriosis means abnormalities within the uterus. It is a condition where the tissues of the uterus lining start growing outside the uterus. This tissue begins acting as the endometrium. It thickens, breaks down, and bleeds with each period. But as the blood cannot escape, it leads to severe problems such as painful periods, infertility, etc. Endometriosis most commonly involves your ovaries, fallopian tubes, and the tissue lining your pelvis.
What is the leading cause of endometriosis?
The main reason for endometriosis is unknown, but some possible causes are:
- Problems with the menstrual period flow: Retrograde menstrual flow is the most likely cause of endometriosis. Some tissue shed during the period flows through the fallopian tube into other areas of the body, such as the pelvis.
- Genetic factors: Because endometriosis runs in families, it may be inherited in the genes.
- Immune system problems: A faulty immune system may fail to find and destroy endometrial tissue growing outside the uterus. Immune system disorders and certain cancers are more common in women with endometriosis.
- Hormones: The hormone estrogen appears to promote endometriosis. Research is looking at whether endometriosis is a problem with the body’s hormone system.
- Surgery: During surgery to the abdominal area, such as a Cesarean (C-section) or hysterectomy, endometrial tissue could be picked up and moved by mistake. For instance, endometrial tissue has been found in abdominal scars.
What are the common signs and symptoms of endometriosis?
There are various signs and symptoms that point towards endometriosis, such as:
- Painful periods (dysmenorrhea): Pelvic pain and cramping may begin before and extend several days into a menstrual period. You may also have lower back and abdominal pain.
- Pain with intercourse: Pain during or after sex is common with endometriosis.
- Pain with bowel movements or urination: You’re most likely to experience these symptoms during a menstrual period.
- Excessive bleeding: You may experience occasional heavy menstrual periods or bleeding between periods (intermenstrual bleeding).
- Infertility: Sometimes, endometriosis is first diagnosed in those seeking treatment for infertility.
- Other signs and symptoms: You may experience fatigue, diarrhea, constipation, bloating, or nausea, especially during menstrual periods.
How endometriosis can be diagnosed?
Consult a gynecologist if you are suffering from symptoms such as painful periods, excessive bleeding, pain during urination, etc. After understanding your symptoms, your doctor will accordingly prescribe you one of the following diagnoses. With our affordable endometriosis treatment in India, your diagnosis will be on-point.
- Pelvic exam: During a pelvic exam, your doctor will feel for large cysts or scars behind your uterus. Smaller areas of endometriosis are harder to feel.
- Imaging test: Your doctor may do an ultrasound to check for ovarian cysts from endometriosis. The doctor or technician may insert a wand-shaped scanner into your vagina or move a scanner across your abdomen. Both kinds of ultrasound tests use sound waves to make pictures of your reproductive organs. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is another common imaging test that can make a picture of the inside of your body.
- Medicine: If your doctor does not find signs of an ovarian cyst during an ultrasound, he or she may prescribe medicine:
- Hormonal birth control can help lessen pelvic pain during your period.
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonists block the menstrual cycle and lower the amount of estrogen your body makes. GnRH agonists also may help pelvic pain.
- If your pain gets better with hormonal medicine, you probably have endometriosis. But, these medicines work only as long as you take them. Once you stop taking them, your pain may come back.:
- Laparoscopy: Laparoscopy is a type of surgery that doctors can use to look inside your pelvic area to see endometriosis tissue. Surgery is the only way to be sure you have endometriosis. Sometimes doctors can diagnose endometriosis just by seeing the growths. Other times, they need to take a small sample of tissue and study it under a microscope to confirm this.
Who is at risk for endometriosis?
Women who have a sister, mother, daughter, or any other female blood relative with endometriosis are at a greater risk of developing the disease.
Other risk factors include:
- Never giving birth
- Starting your period at an early age
- Going through menopause at an older age
- Short menstrual cycles — for instance, less than 27 days
- Heavy menstrual periods that last longer than seven days
- Having higher levels of estrogen in your body or greater lifetime exposure to estrogen than your body produces
- Low body mass index
- Any medical condition that prevents the passage of blood from the body during menstrual periods
- Disorders of the reproductive tract
Can endometriosis be cured?
No, endometriosis can not be cured, but there are many treatment options available to provide relief from the symptoms such as pain or even infertility. Gomedii will guarantee you an affordable endometriosis treatment in India, providing all the services from A to Z.
Healthcare providers consider several factors when determining the best treatment for endometriosis symptoms, including:
- Your age
- How severe your symptoms are (mostly pain)
- How severe the disease is
- Your plans for future pregnancies
Treatments for Pain from Endometriosis
There are three treatments for pain relief. They are:
- Hormone Therapy: As the endometriosis patches undergo the same cycle as the uterus lining, hormones can be effective in treating the pain. The hormone treatments stop the ovaries from producing hormones, such as estrogen, to prevent ovulation. This slows down the growth of endometrial activity, hence providing relief from the pain. Your healthcare provider may suggest the following hormones in the form of pills, injections, or nasal sprays:
- Birth Control: These contraceptives come in forms such as oral birth control pills, patches, vaginal rings, birth control shots, Nexplanon implants, or IUDs. They either contain a combination of estrogen and progestin or only progesterone. These help make a woman’s period lighter, shorter, and more regular.
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) medications: These put a stop to the hormones causing menstruation. This basically puts your reproductive system on hold (menopausal stage) as a way to relieve your pain.
- Danazol (Danocrine): This hormonal medication stops the production of hormones that cause periods.
- Pain Medications: Your doctor may prescribe pain-relief medications such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, also called NSAIDs, if pain or other symptoms are mild.
- Surgical Treatments: Depending upon the severity of the condition, your healthcare provider may also suggest surgical options for pain relief, such as:
- Laparoscopy: The surgeon makes keyhole-sized incisions in the abdomen region and inserts a laparoscope to check the growth of the tissues. Based on the findings, more incisions are made to insert a laser for removing the lesions (called excising) or, destroy the lesions with intense heat and seal the blood vessels without stitches (called cauterizing or vaporizing).
- Hysterectomy: If the condition is severe, your surgeon may remove your uterus or even ovaries as the last resort.
- Presacral Neurectomy/Laparoscopic Uterine Nerve Ablation (LUNA): Nerves connected to the uterus/ligaments are severed to provide relief from the pain.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Get Your Treatment At Top 10 Hematology Hospitals In India)
Cost of Affordable Endometriosis Treatment in India
You can easily get one of the most affordable endometriosis treatments in India. Depending upon the treatment chosen, the affordable endometriosis treatment in India can range from $1600 to $4000. A few treatments even start from $500 onwards.
To get the best treatment plan for yourself, “click here”!
Top Hospitals for Affordable Endometriosis Treatment in India
Gomedii has compiled a list of top hospitals providing affordable endometriosis treatment in India. These hospitals are equipped with state-of-art facilities along with a team of veteran experts, providing personalized care.
- Apollo Hospitals, Bannerghatta, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Lilavati Hospital and Research Center, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Medanta The Medicity, Gurugram, Haryana
- Gleneagles Global Hospital, Hyderabad, Telangana
- Batra Hospital and Medical Research Center, Delhi
- Care Institute of Medical Sciences, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Venkateshwar Hospital, Delhi
- Fortis Hospitals, Bannerghatta, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket, Delhi
- BLK Super Specialty Hospital, Delhi
Click here to book an appointment and get one step closer to an affordable endometriosis treatment in India!
FAQs on Affordable Endometriosis Treatment in India
What is the lowest cost of laparoscopy in India?
Diagnostic laparoscopy in India starts from as low as $250.
What is the latest yet affordable endometriosis treatment in India?
A procedure called Microwave Endometrial Ablation is the latest treatment for endometriosis. The cost varies from $6050 to $7060. In this procedure, the innermost lining of the uterus is destroyed via microwaves to provide relief from excessive bleeding and other complications.
What deficiency can be the probable cause of endometriosis?
Vitamin D deficiency has been found to contribute to the development of the disease.
What is the latest diagnosis of endometriosis?
The CA125 Test is a blood test that looks for a protein called CA125. This protein can show if a woman has certain cancers in her reproductive system. It is also used to detect a specific protein found in the blood of women who have endometriosis.
Choose GoMedii for Affordable Endometriosis Treatment in India
If you are looking for an affordable endometriosis treatment in India, you are at the right place and time! Trust GoMedii with your treatment; we assure you of a top-notch and hassle-free process.
We have tie-ups with one of India’s most reputed hospitals to get you the best treatment at an affordable cost. Furthermore, to avail of our packages, you can contact us on our “Website” and call us at +91-9599004311. Additionally, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team will respond to you on a priority basis.
Book Your Appointment Today! [su_button url=”https://wa.me/919599004311″ target=”blank” style=”stroked” background=”#2def2f” size=”4″ icon=”icon: whatsapp”]WhatsApp Now[/su_button]
Feel free to drop your queries through this form. Our team of experts will contact you!
(People Also Like To Read: Get the Best Oral Lichen Planus Treatment in India)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.