- 1 What Is A Breast Lump?
- 2 Causes Of Breast Lump
- 3 Breast Lump Removal Surgery In India
- 4 Benefits Of Breast Lump Removal Surgery
- 5 Risk Factors Of Breast Lump Removal Surgery
- 6 Who Is An Ideal Candidate For Breast Lump Removal Surgery?
- 7 Preparation For Breast Lump Removal Surgery In India
- 8 Lumpectomy Procedure Steps
- 9 Breast Lump Removal Surgery Cost In India
- 10 Top Breast Lump Removal Surgery Hospitals In India
- 11 FAQs on Breast Lump Removal Surgery Cost In India
Did you know that breast lumps or cysts are one of the fastest-growing diseases in the world? More than 25% of breast lumps turn out to be cancerous.
Read on to know more!
(People Also Like To Read: Breast Cancer Treatment in India: Costs, Treatments and Hospitals)
What Is A Breast Lump?
A Breast Lump is a narrow swelling or bump on the breast that causes redness and uneven changes in the breast area. These breast lumps are benign and mainly consist of body cells. Lumpectomy and Breast Removal Surgery can cure this condition. During this procedure, the abdominal tissue containing a lump and some healthy tissue are removed after the incision.
Causes Of Breast Lump
There are various reasons for a breast lump, but the ones that result in lumps most frequently are:
- Fibrocystic Breast Change: This type of change occurs due to the thickening of breast tissues and some fluid-filled cysts inside the breast, causing pain and swelling. This condition can occur due to ovarian hormones during menstruation.
- Breast Cysts: Lumps can also begin as harmless fluid-filled breast cysts. But with time, these cysts can change into breast lumps.
- Infection: In some cases, infections are considered one of the primary reasons for breast lumps. Due to continuous nipple discharge, a fluid called an abscess collects in your breast tissue, resulting in breast lumps.
- Post-surgery and Injury: Damage or complications from prior surgery create a fat called necrosis that turns into a breast lump.
- Intraductal Papilloma: A benign bump that grows in the milk duct and causes swelling and leakage of bloody fluid from the nipple.
Breast Lump Removal Surgery In India
Breast lump removal surgery, also called lumpectomy, is a surgical procedure to remove a breast lump that can be cancerous. Although lumpectomy is generally used as a diagnostic procedure to check for cancer cells in the breast, it can also be used as a full-fledged treatment to remove a breast lump.
Benefits Of Breast Lump Removal Surgery
The benefits of breast lump removal surgery, also called lumpectomy, are:
- Preserves the natural breast tissue
- High level of safety and effectiveness
- As effective as mastectomy in treating breast cancer
- Less risky
- Faster recovery
- Has good cosmetic results
Risk Factors Of Breast Lump Removal Surgery
Risks for surgery are:
- Poor wound healing
- Reactions to medicines
- Risks associated with general anesthesia
Who Is An Ideal Candidate For Breast Lump Removal Surgery?
- You should be able to undergo radiation treatments.
- Don’t have any signs of scleroderma, a disease that causes the hardness of tissues in different parts of the body to resist recovery after surgery.
- Abnormal breast size and petite breasts can be reasons for cosmetic damage during surgery.
- If you have any specific symptoms of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), the most common lupus, in this situation, never go for surgery; this will cause damage during the radiation process.
- If you have any history of frequent radial treatments, this leads to a severe risk.
(People Also Like To Read: Which Are Top 10 Breast Cancer Treatment Hospitals In India?)
Preparation For Breast Lump Removal Surgery In India
- Avoid taking any kind of blood-thinning medicine because this will slow the recovery after surgery.
- You should be mentally and physically prepared for the surgery so there will be fewer chances of damage.
- Avoid eating and drinking for 8 to 12 hours; this is very necessary for general anesthesia.
- Consult with your surgeon and make note of some of the points related to risk factors and symptoms you notice.
Lumpectomy Procedure Steps
The procedure of breast lump removal surgery is as follows:
- In the very beginning, the surgeon locates the area to be removed.
- A doctor who uses imaging tests inserts a thin wire, needle, or tiny radioactive seed to detect the lump.
- In this process, the surgeon insists that you remove the lymph node so that they can see whether the cancer has spread beyond the breast. If the cancer has spread all over the breast, the surgeon instructs you to remove several lymph nodes near your armpit.
- After that, the patient goes through general anesthesia for a sleep-like stage, and the surgeon performs an incision over the tumorous part of the breast and precisely removes the tissue with a thin wire, needle, or tiny radioactive seed.
- Then, the surgeon will close the incision, preventing all the healthy tissues from being damaged by stitches (sutures). Gradually, these stitches will dissolve or be removed by the surgeon.
- In this stage, you will be taken to the recovery room. All necessary safety measures are monitored here, such as blood pressure, breathing, and pulse rate.
In most cases, you may be discharged after a sentinel node biopsy or lumpectomy. Still, if there is any dissection in the auxiliary node or continuous pain and bleeding, you must stay in the hospital for a few more days.
Breast Lump Removal Surgery Cost In India
The Breast Lump Removal Surgery cost in India varies from USD 2500 to USD 3000, depending on the size of the tumor and hospital chosen.
Breast Lump Removal Surgery Cost in Delhi: USD 2500 to USD 3000
Breast Lump Removal Surgery Cost in Chennai: USD 2250 to USD 2700
Breast Lump Removal Surgery Cost in Kolkata: USD 2125 to USD 2550
Breast Lump Removal Surgery Cost in Mumbai: USD 2875 to USD 3450
Breast Lump Removal Surgery Cost in Mumbai: USD 2600 to USD 3100
Breast Lump Removal Surgery Cost in Hyderabad: USD 2550 to USD 3050
Top Breast Lump Removal Surgery Hospitals In India
There are many hospitals offering breast lump removal surgery in India. These hospitals are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and have experienced medical specialists. GoMedii has compiled a list of breast lump removal surgery hospitals in India for your convenience.
The hospitals are:
- Apollo Hospital, Chennai
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
- BLK Super Specialty Hospital
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani hospital, Mumbai
- Gleneagles Global Hospital, Hyderabad
- Lilavati Hospital and Research Center, Mumbai
- Care Institute of Medical Science, Ahmedabad
- Venkateshwar Hospital
- Max Super Specialty Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, Delhi
- Medanta – The Medicity, Gurgaon
FAQs on Breast Lump Removal Surgery Cost In India
1. How much does breast lump removal surgery cost in India?
Breast Lump Removal Surgery costs in India vary from USD 2500 to USD 3000, depending on the size of the tumor and hospital chosen.
2. Is breast lump removal surgery or lumpectomy a major surgery?
While breast lump removal surgery is not as extensive as a mastectomy, it is still considered a major surgery. The surgery has risks and complications (less than other treatments) and may also require post-surgery adjuvant therapies like chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
3. Should I remove a benign breast lump?
Yes, you should remove breast lumps at an early stage. If the lumps are not removed early, they might become cancerous or bring more complications.
4. What happens after breast lump removal surgery?
After surgery, you will feel pain, dizziness, and tiredness for a few days. Due to the incision, there will be swelling and firmness on the skin area where the incision had been done, lasting 3 to 4 months after surgery.
Choose GoMedii For The Best And Affordable Breast Lump Removal Surgery Cost In India
If you want the best and most affordable breast lump removal surgery cost in India, you are at the right place and time! Trust GoMedii with your treatment; we assure you of a top-notch, hassle-free process.
We have tie-ups with one of India’s most reputed hospitals to get you the best treatment at an affordable cost. Furthermore, to avail of our packages, you can contact us on our “Website” and call us at 959904311. Additionally, you can also email us at email@example.com. Our team will respond to you on a priority basis.
Feel free to drop your queries through this “form. “Our team of experts will contact you!
(People Also Like To Read: Types of Breast Cancer Surgeries in India)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.