Feeling of burning pain in your lower chest is what we call a Heartburn. Acid refluxes are the most common causes of Heartburn, wherein the stomach contents or acid flows back to your esophagus(i.e., food pipe). These common burning pain can last from a few minutes to several hours.
(People Also Like To Read: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation: Know The Procedures To Perform)
The pain often gets worse after eating, in the evening, or when lying down or bending over. The unusual heartburn is common and doesn’t account for any severe cause. But the heartburn that is frequent and persisting can be a cause of the serious condition. Here, let’s know more about the Causes of Heartburn.
Know the Causes of Heartburn
Knowing about the exact heartburn cause is not obvious. But various factors may lead to heartburn and even can worsen the case;
1. Food we eat
- Longer gaps in between the meals
- Eating too much than required
- Certain food items such as onions, chocolate, high-fat foods, citrus fruits, garlic, spicy foods, and tomato-based products(like canned sauces and soup)
- Excessive intake of caffeinated beverages and carbonated beverages
- Eating before bedtime
2. Lifestyle factors
- Obesity and being overweight contributes specifically
- The habit of excessive drinking and smoking
- Sitting in the same posture for too long
- Lack of exercising or inactivity
- Too much stress
- Tight clothes worsen the case
3. Medical cases and issues
- Pregnant women often encounter heartburn
- Hiatal hernia
- GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)
- Medications like anti-inflammatory drugs and aspirin
(You Might Also Like To Read: 13 Amazing Source of Protein for Vegetarians)
How does Heartburn Feel Like?
In here, we will discuss various heartburn symptoms that include;
1. Burning sensation in the throat or middle of the chest from stomach acid is the primary symptom
2. Chest pain at the time of bending over, lying down or eating
3. Unpleasant sour and acidic taste at the back of the tongue or throat
4. Facing difficulty while swallowing
5. Unpleasant odor in the breath
6. Persisting cough or hiccups
7. Feeling of sickness
Remedies to Treat Heartburn
Prevention is better than cure! To prevent the causes of Heartburn you must reduce the creation of stomach acid. Simple lifestyle changes can help stop or reduce heartburn. The remedies include;
1. Take frequent but small meals and avoid overeating.
2. Improve your sleeping posture
3. Do not hold urine for too long.
4. Avoid sitting in the same posture for a longer duration. In short, change your sitting posture frequently.
5. Make sure to drink plenty of water.
6. A person with obesity much reduces weight.
7. Follow a healthy eating habit, i.e., limit fat intake or avoid eating deep-fried food items.
8. After eating meals walk for at least 15 minutes to avoid heartburn symptoms
9. Stay active and start moving, basically start exercising to avoid heartburn issues
10. Make a thorough review of your current medication, if any.
As discussed above, we may conclude that a simple lifestyle and behavioral changes can help in preventing the causes of heartburn. Negligence is not an option if it persists for a long period of time it may lead to other more serious conditions.
(People Also Like To Read: Dietary Myths During Pregnancy Which are Not Really True!)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.