Thalassemia is a condition that affects your blood. It is also known as a blood disorder. It is passed down through families. If you have thalassemia then your body makes an abnormal form of hemoglobin. Hemoglobin is the protein in red blood cells that conveys oxygen.
Those who have thalassemia become highly vulnerable to anemia, leaving them fatigued. If you or your known ones are searching or need Thalassemia Treatment in Apollo Hospital then GoMedii will provide affordable treatment options.
(People Also Like To Read: Here Is The List Of Top 10 Doctors At Apollo Delhi)
Thalassemia Treatment in Apollo Hospital
Thalassemia treatment in Apollo hospital gets affordable if you choose us. GoMedii is associated with Apollo and our aim is to provide the most suitable treatment options according to the patient health. Suitbale treatment is only possible because Apollo has the most qualified doctor’s team. They have enough experience on how to deal with a thalassemia patient.
How Much Does The Thalassemia Treatment Cost In India?
India is well-known country for providing low-cost medical care treatment facilities across the globe. The thalassemia treatment cost will depend on many factors but it will start around 15 lakh rupees to 22 lakh rupees.
How Much Does The Thalassemia Treatment Cost In Apollo?
If you want to get the thalassemia treatment in Apollo hospital the drop your query. Thalassemia treatment cost in Apollo told by the doctor once they will check the patient health.
What Are The Different Types Of Thalassemia?
There are 2 significant types of thalassemia – alpha-thalassemia and beta-thalassemia. Four protein chains make up hemoglobin – 2 alpha-globin and 2 beta-globin chains.
Alpha Thalamessia disorder increases with the number of mutated genes
- 1 mutated gene: Silent carrier
- 2 mutated genes: Alpha Thalassemia Minor- Very mild symptoms
- 3 mutated genes: Haemoglobin H disease – Moderately severe
- 4 mutated genes: Alpha Thalassemia Major- Stillbirth / Child dies after birth
Beta Thalassemia have only 2 mutated genes
- 1 mutated gene: Beta Thalassemia Minor
- 2 mutated genes: Beta-Thalassemia Major or Cooley’s Anaemia
(You May Like: Thalassemia: A Rare Blood Disorder Related to Hemoglobin)
Know The Symptoms Of Thalassemia
If you feel any of these signs and symptoms then through us you can get easily thalassemia treatment in Apollo hospital. It includes:
- Slow growth
- Dark urine
- Abdominal swelling
- Facial deformities
How Do Doctors Diagnose Thalassemia?
A doctor recommends various blood tests to diagnose thalassemias, It includes:
- Complete blood count (CBC)
- Reticulocyte count
- Hemoglobin electrophoresis
- Genetic testing
What Are The Treatment Options For Thalassemia?
Thalassemia can be treated by its seriousness. Mild thalassemia/thalassemia minors needn’t bother with much treatment and may just require blood transfusions after pregnancy. If you have moderate thalassemia/thalassemia intermedia, folic corrosive enhancements must be given alongside occasional blood transfusions. For extreme thalassemia patients :
- Iron Chelating Therapy: There is a development of iron in the body because of regular blood transfusions. To keep iron from amassing in several organs like the liver and heart, the extra iron must be eliminated.
- Lifelong Blood Transfusions: Due to the abnormal development of globin proteins and the waste of red blood cells in the body, needs a regular blood transfusion. This can be badly designed and can likewise cause negative impacts on the body.
- Removal of Spleen: If you have hypersplenism, then you may need to increase blood transfusion and diminish the effectiveness of the iron chelation therapy. After that, it is removed by a doctor.
- Bone Marrow Transplant: It is also called a stem cell transplant. It is a permanent option rather than the deep-rooted blood transfusions required in any case.
Get Your Successful Thalassemia Treatment With GoMedii
If you want to get Thalassemia Treatment in Apollo hospital, you have found the right treatment partner with affordable medical care treatment facilities. You have to simply drop your query on Whatsapp (+91 9654030724) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org our team will get back to you as soon as possible.
(People Also, like to Read: Meet Apollo’s Dr. N Ragavan, Best Urologist In India)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.