Anxiety is a mental health disorder which is characterized by feelings of worry, fear or anxiety that interfere with one’s daily activities. It is a normal emotion, such as when someone feels nervous in facing a problem at work, before taking a test, and before making a decision.
people Also Read: 20 Ways To Help A Partner Living With Mental Illness
There are several types of anxiety disorder such as,
- Panic disorder: It is an anxiety disorder which is characterized by recurrent unexpected panic attacks.
- Social anxiety disorder: Also known as social phobia and people with the social anxiety disorder worried about acting or appearing visibly anxious.
- Generalized anxiety disorder: It is characterized by excessive and persistent worry about a number of different things.
Specific phobias: It is, the amounts to an unreasonable or irrational fear related to exposure to specific objects or situations.
Symptoms of anxiety disorder, including,
- Panic, fear, and uneasiness
- Sleep problems
- Not being able to stay calm and still
- Cold, sweaty, numb or tingling hands or feet
- Shortness of breath
- Heart palpitations
- Dry mouth
- Tense muscles
Depression is also a mental health disorder which is characterized by depressed mood or loss of interest in activities, that cause significant impairment in daily life. It mentions that according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approx. 7.6 % of people over the age of 12 have depression in any 2-week period.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), depression is the most common illness in the world and the leading cause of disability.
People Also Read: Positive Impact of Music Therapy in Depression
Sign and Symptoms of Depression
- Depressed mood
- Reduced pleasure or interest in activities previously enjoyed, loss of sexual desire
- Unintentional weight loss (without dieting) or low appetite
- Insomnia (difficulty sleeping) or hypersomnia (excessive sleeping)
- Psychomotor agitation, like restlessness, pacing up and down.
A link Between Anxiety And Depression
Anxiety and depression go hand in hand, 60% of anxiety people feel depressed and 60-70% of depressed people feel anxiety. Also, both the disorders have slightly similar symptoms. Anxiety and depression are the symptoms of same syndromes. Both the disorder leads to intestinal problems like digestion problem and constipation.
Clinical depression has been also linked to other mental illnesses, including anxiety disorders, social phobia, panic disorder and generalized anxiety disorder. Anxiety disorders affect women twice frequently as they do men, and several studies show that people with depression also experience symptoms related to anxiety disorder.
Anxiety and depression are linked to each other while having 60-70% of similar symptoms basically linked with a person’s mental health that also impact the person’s daily activities.
People Also Like: Best Ways to Reduce Stress
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.