Dengue fever! Very dangerous fever it usually comes in the monsoon period, every year so many people get died from this fever. It completely weakens the body of the person who is having this fever, may experience a strong headache, high fever, joint pain, and pukish feeling, etc. We have to take some precautions to save our lives, from this menacing fever as we are sharing its precautions and dengue fever treatment.
(People Also Like To Read: 10 Triggers for Migraine Headaches – You Should Know)
What is Dengue Fever?
Dengue fever is a mosquito-borne tropical disease which is caused by the dengue virus. Symptoms usually begin within 3 to 14 days after the infection. It may include a high fever, headache, vomiting, muscle and joint pains, and a characteristic skin rash.
What are the Precautions Which We Have to Take for Dengue Fever?
There are some precautions of dengue fever such as:
- Keep the house clean and tidy
- Try to wear long sleeves and long pants to cover the arms and legs.
- Apply a mosquito repellent cream and always carry it with you at all times.
- Change the hand towels after a day’s use.
- Never leave stagnant water lying anywhere in or around the house. It’s very dangerous because these misquotes lie on this stagnant water only, it doesn’t even matter if it is dirty or clean.
- Spray the house with anti-mosquito sprays, every day in the corners of the home to kill the hidden mosquitoes.
- Keep the wet garbage separate and throw in a wet bin.
- Keep the doors and windows of the house closed, mostly early in the morning and during the evening.
- In the rains, the chances of you getting infected by the Dengue/ mosquito are extremely high due to the level of stagnant freshwater increase; at this point, all measures of safety should be used.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Thrush – A Penis Yeast Infection)
Dengue Fever Treatment
There is no specific treatment for dengue fever exists. The doctor may suggest you drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration from vomiting and a high fever.
While recovering from dengue fever, watch for signs and symptoms of dehydration. Consult the doctor right away if you develop any of the following:
- Decreased urination
- Few or no tears
- Dry mouth or lips
- Lethargy or confusion
- Cold or clammy extremities
- Try to avoid pain relievers which can increase bleeding complications.
If you have serious dengue fever, you may need:
- Good care in a hospital
- Intravenous (IV) fluid and electrolyte replacement
- Blood pressure examining
- Transfusion to replace blood loss
How Many Days Does it Take to Recover from Dengue?
Generally, it takes between 5-14 days to recover from dengue. But sometimes the fever may come back for 1-2 days and you might feel tired, and a weakness for days to weeks after getting over the dengue fever.
To secure your life from dengue fever follow the precautions & dengue fever treatment which we have shared in the above blog. If you ever start noticing any of the above symptoms then without wasting time consult a doctor as soon as possible to save your life from this menacing fever.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Diabetic Ketoacidosis: A Serious Complication of Diabetes)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.