We always talk about high blood sugar levels, which is known as diabetes. Today we are going to explore Hypoglycemia, which is low blood sugar level. Well, It is quite common among all of us. It is a condition that occurs when your body is having very little or no amount of blood sugar in your body. So, let’s discuss in detail what it is, its symptoms, causes as well as treatment.
(People Also Like To Read: 10 Common Myths and Facts about Diabetes)
What is Hypoglycemia?
It is a condition that is caused by a very low level of blood sugar as glucose is your body’s main energy source. Low blood sugar is often related to the treatment of diabetes. Although, a variety of conditions can rarely cause low blood sugar in people who don’t have diabetes.
What are the symptoms of hypoglycemia
There are some signs and symptoms of low blood sugar include:
- An irregular heart rhythm
- Pale skin
- Tingling sensation around the mouth
- Crying out during sleep
As hypoglycemia worsens, signs and symptoms may include
- Confusion, abnormal behavior or both, such as the inability to complete routine tasks
- Visual disturbances, such as blurred vision
- Loss of consciousness
What is the main cause of hypoglycemia
Too much insulin or other diabetes medications may cause the blood sugar level to drop too low, causing low blood sugar. It may also happen if you don’t eat as much food as usual after taking diabetes medication, or if you exercise more than you normally would.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Your Diabetes Care Team Help to Manage Diabetes)
How to prevent hypoglycemia
If you have diabetes, there are some ways you can prevent hypoglycemia include:
- Follow the meal plan
- Eat at least three evenly spaced meals each day with between-meal snacks as prescribed.
- Plan the meals no more than 4 to 5 hours apart.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes to 1 hour after meals. Check the sugar level before and after exercise, and discuss with the doctor what types of changes can be made.
- Double-check the insulin and dose of diabetes medicine before taking it.
- If you drink alcohol, be moderate and monitor the blood sugar levels.
- Know when your medicine is at its peak level.
- Test your blood sugar as often as directed by your doctor.
- Try to carry an identification bracelet that says that you have diabetes.
How is Hypoglycemia Treated
The treatment of the underlying condition of hypoglycemia may include:
Medications: If a medication is the cause of the hypoglycemia, then the doctor will likely advise changing the medication or adjusting the dosage.
Tumor treatment: A tumor in the pancreas is treated by surgical removal of the tumor. In such cases, partial removal of the pancreas is necessary.
In this blog, a description of hypoglycemia along with some ways to treat it effectively are mentioned. This information is shared by the best diabetologist in Noida in regards to the people suffering from issues related to glucose level.
(People Also Like To Read: Early Warning Signs and Symptoms of Diabetes)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.