The auspicious festival of Navratri has already begun. Several devotees dedicate these 9 days in worshipping the 9 different forms of Goddess Shakti. For this, devotees used to do fasting as an integral part on this auspicious occasion. well, most of the people in India do fasting for some religious reasons, whereas many people do fasting this time of the year to detoxify their bodies and cut out the unwanted calories from the body. There are several healthy ways to fast this Navratri.
(People Also Like To Read: Fear of Diseases Increased in India: Kerala and Nagaland Floods)
Navratri is a time to soak in the ritualistic prayers. While it’s necessary to make the most of this time to stay healthy and maintain a healthy diet that helps you to get through these 9 days of fasting.
Navratri is celebrated twice in a year, one during the spring season and once during the autumn season. If we think deeply with scientific facts, these two seasons are the exact times when our body become more unsafe to diseases and changes. Just to stay up with the seasonal changes, a good diet is must everyone, and this is exactly where Navratri diet comes into the frame.
This festival gives us a chance to connect with our roots and stray from the day-to-day affair. Ingredients such as buckwheat (kuttu) flour, singhara atta, milk, yogurt, fresh vegetables, and makhanas are preferred to eat in these days as they are light for the stomach and can be digested easily. Preferably of regular salt, people used to take rock salt or a sendha namak which is pure and unprocessed. Those who do not want to fast in Navratri may follow a vegetarian (satvik) diet in which garlic and onions are avoided. In this blog, we will discuss several healthy ways to fast this Navratri.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Best Health Tips to Beat Heat this Summer 2018)
Top 6 Healthy Ways to Fast This Navratri
- Don’t skip the water. Keep yourself hydrated throughout the day with fluids like buttermilk, green tea, coconut water, lemon water other than just plain water.
- The idea behind the Navratri diet is, being in a good detox routine to maintain your immune system.
- Avoid taking excess sendha namak (rock salt) because the salt is not beneficial for your blood pressure but helps in absorption the essential minerals better than common salt. Hence, the maintain the quantity of the salt.
- Most of us take kuttu flour in preparing our food for Navratri, which is a good option as it is the combination of proteins and carbohydrates.
- If you want to eat the ‘namkeens’ specially prepared for fasts, in place of this you can choose fruits or roasted nuts as your mid-day munchies.
- If you are keeping your lunch heavy one, then make sure that your dinner should be light. Going for a green tea post-dinner will also be very helpful for the body.
All the above written healthy ways to fast this Navratri are not specifically for the festival but you can also follow it for like 4 to 5 times a year. These healthy ways are very effective in detox your body system.
(People Also Like To Read: How Can You Maintain Your Healthy Weight?)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.