Increased obesity in children is due to wrong eating such as consuming high calorie-rich food items, snacks, junk food, fast-food, fond of eating more sugary, drinking less milk and consuming sweetened milk products. Therefore, do not allow children to consume fast food and junk food and make them eat healthy food so that they can lead a healthy life. In this blog, we are giving you more awareness about preventing obesity in children and how should you manage it.
(People Also Like To Read: Know The Dangerous Causes of Vaginal Itching and Burning)
Define Obesity in Children:
Obesity in children can also cause life-threatening disorders, such as – diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, sleep disorders, cancer, liver disease, early puberty, early onset of menstruation in girls, in the skin Infections, asthma, and respiratory problems may also include other problems. Obesity is also creating depression and social isolation in children.
Obese children are usually emotional and they often suffer from depression due to obesity. Due to which the child is at risk of developing confidence, anxiety, depression, loneliness, etc. Due to the wrong eating habits of the child, they begin to develop obesity.
Ways to Preventing Obesity in Children
Here are some ways of preventing obesity in children include:
Maintain Healthy Eating
Here are a few ways to maintaining healthy eating such as:
- Have fresh green vegetables, fruits, and whole-grain items.
- Give low-fat or non-fat milk.
- Consume lean meats, poultry, fish, lentils, and beans for protein.
- Drink lots of water.
- Limit sugar-sweetened beverages.
- Limit of saturated fat.
Less intake of calorie-rich items:
Here are examples of easy-to-prepare, low-fat and low-sugar treats that are 100 calories or less:
- Medium-sized apple
- Average-sized banana
- One cup of blueberries
- 1 cup carrots, broccoli, or bell peppers with 2 tbsp. hummus.
Managing calories are to engage in an appropriate amount of physical activity and avoid too much sedentary time. As we all know that regular physical activity has many health benefits, including:
- Decreasing blood pressure
- Reducing stress and anxiety
- Increasing self-esteem
- Helping with weight management
- Help kids stay active
Some examples of moderate-intensity physical activity include:
- Brisk walking
- Playing tag
- Jumping rope
- Playing soccer
- Reduce sedentary time
(You might Also Like To Read: Prediabetes Causes and Prevention: Know All in Depth)
Childhood Obesity Effects:
- Children who are obese can be bullied and teased and they are also more likely to suffer from social isolation, depression, and lower self-esteem.
- Children with obesity are at higher risk for having other chronic health conditions and diseases, like- asthma, sleep apnea, bone, and joint problems, and type 2 diabetes.
- Type 2 diabetes is also progressively being reported among children who are overweight. The beginning of diabetes in children can lead to heart disease and kidney failure.
- Obesity can increase the risk factors for heart disease like- High BP and high cholesterol than their normal-weight people. According to the population-based sample of 5 to 17-year-olds, almost 60% of children who were overweight had at least one risk factor for cardiovascular disease (CVD), and 25% had two or more CVD risk factors.
- The children who are overweight, more likely to have obesity as adults. This can lead to lifelong physical and mental health problems. Young adult or adult obesity is related to a higher risk of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and many types of cancers.
How Can We Reduce Obesity Naturally?
Here are some natural ways to reduce obesity:
- Add protein to your diet
- Eat whole, single-ingredient foods
- Avoid processed foods
- Have healthy foods and snacks
- Limit your intake of added sugar
- Drink water as much as you can
- Drink (unsweetened) coffee
- Take the supplement with glucomannan
As we have discussed in the above-mentioned blog, Preventing Obesity in Children and how to manage it with the help of diet. The best way to manage this is to watch the diet and consult a doctor or dietitian first because they can give a diet chart according to the children obesity condition.
(People Also Like To Read: Levocetirizine Side Effects, Usage, Dosage and Treatment)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.