Certainly, the monsoon/rainy season brings cool and relaxing relief to our body and mind from the hot scorching summer heat. But, it also brings seasonal diseases, humidity, mosquitoes that make our child more susceptible to illness during this time. Some common problems during the rainy season include viral infections (dengue, chikungunya, and flu), muscle and joint pain, cholera, etc. It’s not possible to completely get rid of these issues but you can still take precautions for childcare in monsoon.
(People Also Like To Read: HIV and AIDS: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments)
we all know that it is usually cold and breezy when it rains around the town. A sudden change in weather and temperature will affect us and our child’s health. For this, we can keep the house dry all the time and can use room heater for a moderate room temperature. Sweaters and comforters are also the best way to keep your child warm throughout the day.
Monsoon is the season for cold, flu and other types of air and water-borne infections. For fighting with these infections it’s better to build a good immunity of children by giving foods which are rich in Vitamins and other foods that also help in boosting their immune system.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Do You Know About SIDS?)
Top 14 Tips For Childcare in Monsoon/Rainy Season:
Here are a few useful tips that mothers can follow to keep their child healthy during the monsoon:
- Give your child healthy foods that are rich in vitamin A, B, and C and other foods that will help in boosting their immune system.
- Always provide fresh and warm food to your child, plus do no keep any food uncovered. Make sure that you don’t allow your little kid to eat foods that are from outside.
- Always use boiled, cooled water for drinking. Not only for drinking but you should also use boiled water for preparing your baby formula milk.
- If you’re on breastfeeding, you probably don’t have the need to give the additional water to your child even if the weather is hot and humid to keep the baby hydrated. Try feeding your baby as often as the baby asks for it.
- Keep your children’s room dry and clean as well as maintain a normal room temperature.
- Keep your house and surrounding areas clean to avoid breeding of mosquito.
- Do not let your child play outside when it’s raining.
- Give your child a bath during the warmest time of the day. But don’t use too cold water as it might upset him/her. Add few drops of antiseptic liquids in bath water.
- Keep child’s feet dry all the times and also make sure that they wear slippers inside the house.
- Try to make your child wear cotton clothes when the weather is hot and humid.
- Protect your child from mosquito bites by dressing them in full covered cloths. Choose light-colored clothes because mosquitoes are attracted to dark colors.
- Use mosquito repellent which is safe and effective for your child.
- You can also use a mosquito net while sleeping.
- Always keep medicines of flu and cold at your home after consulting with a pediatrician.
All the above-written tips are not only for childcare in monsoon but also can apply for adult one. So stay healthy stay safe…
(People Also Like To Read: 6 Common Childhood Injuries: Causes & Prevention)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.