Nowadays, Multiple Sclerosis Disability spreading not only in temperate countries like the U.S., Canada, and Australia but it spreading its roots world widely. So, we all should know about its causes of multiple sclerosis disability, risks and basis symptoms.
(People Also Like To Read: Does Avoiding Medicines Enhances the Immune System?)
Multiple sclerosis disability is a potentially disabling disease of the central nervous system that affects the brain, optical nerves, and spinal cord. In Multiple Sclerosis the immune system attacks the myelin (protective sheath) that covers nerve fibers and cause the communication problem between the brain and the rest of the body. Slowly the disease affects the nerve itself and makes it permanently damage.
Multiple Sclerosis usually happens between the age of 20 to 50 and it is 2 of 3 times common in women as likely as men. Well, the symptoms and signs of MS are widely varied from one to another and it completely depends upon the nerves which are getting affected and how much. Some people with severe multiple sclerosis may lose the ability to walk independently or completely or other may lose the ability to watch partially or completely. Causes of multiple sclerosis disability are also not common for all but some kind of genetic susceptibility and environmental conditions are also trigger this.
MS Disability is not a rare disability but it is very common. Around 10,000,00 people have MS and around 30,000 new cases are diagnosing each year worldwide.
What are the Causes of Multiple Sclerosis Disability?
Now, in India, Multiple Sclerosis is also diagnosing widely due to the wide practicing of neurology and easily availability of MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imagining). Causes of multiple sclerosis disability are not the exact one to explain, no one knows which set of the immune system leads the MS lesions in the first place. But we can say that it is an autoimmune disease in which the body’s immune system attacks its own tissues and damage it.
What are the Causes that Increases the Risk of Multiple Sclerosis
Following are some of the causes that increase the risk of MS including;
• Age: Basically, it can occur at any age but it mostly can affect the people between the age of 20 to 50.
• Gender: It is 2 to 3 times common in women as likely as men.
• Vitamin D Deficiency: A new research says that women with low vitamin D have in large.
• Genetic: If one of your parent or siblings is having MS there are more likely chances to develop.
• Certain Infections: There are certain infections of viruses have been linked to MS.
• Environmental Cause: MS is far more common in countries with temperate climates, including Canada, the northern United States, New Zealand, southeastern Australia, and Europe.
• Smoking: A person who smokes and also experiences an initial symptom that may signal MS are more likely than nonsmokers to develop a second stage MS.
(You Might Also Like To Read: This Winter Try These Vitamins and Minerals to Boost Your Immune System)
What are the Symptoms Multiple Sclerosis Disability?
Following are some of the symptoms of the disease including;
• Numbness or weakness on one or more muscles
• loss of vision or double vision for a long period of time
• Difficulty in coordination and balance
• Tingling or pain in part of the body as in “pins and needles”
• Electric shock sensation especially on forward movement of the head
• Problems with bowel and bladder function
So, in the end, we can say that causes of multiple sclerosis disabilities are not very well defined and it is difficult to figure out that which set of the immune system is affecting the nerves but there are certain factors which increase the risk of multiple sclerosis disability.
(People Also Like To Read: Atopic Dermatitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.