Again the air quality in Delhi has reached a severe category but this year it is more hazardous because Covid patients are already there who are suffering lots of problems related to the lung. Many are experiencing increased coughing, sneezing, irritation in the throat, etc.
(People Also Like To Read: 10 Simple Tips For Infant Care In The Winter)
Alongside is the dip in weather, which is only making things worse. This is the perfect time to have some soothing, herbal teas that can provide relief from health hazards associated with air pollution and also calm you down. So, let’s explore the ways to manage health during cold and air pollution.
Ways to manage health during cold and air pollution
1. one of the most effective and the old home remedy to control cough is chewing some jaggery or gud. It does not only help to control cough, but it can also help in removing harmful toxins from your lungs and respiratory tract.
2. Including more ginger in your diet is one of the effective ways to manage health during cold and air pollution. You can also try ginger, honey, and lemon tea. You can take some grated ginger, lemon juice, and honey and add it to boiling water. It can control your cough, cold, and congestion. Ginger contains gingerol and other compounds that can reduce inflammation in the airways and inhibit airway contraction.
3. Citrus fruits such as amla, lemon, and oranges can help you to reduce respiratory symptoms caused by air pollution. Vitamin C in citrus fruits has a beneficial effect on the body’s immunity.
4. Basil (tulsi) juice or tulsi tea is another herbal tea you can have this time of the year. It can keep you warm and reduce ill effects of air pollution.
5. There is nothing that a soothing cup of turmeric latte won’t do during cough and cold. From boosting your immunity to reducing inflammation, the traditional haldi doodh is the perfect remedy for dealing with congestion, sneezing, wheezing, cough, cold and asthma.
Some more effective ways to manage health during cold and air pollution
Immunity plays an important role in the fight with any external bodies, So it becomes important to boost your immune system for you and your little ones to fight this phase. To boost your immunity increase the intake of fruits, water, and vegetables rich in Vitamin C. Staying hydrated will help you to get rid of toxins. Similarly, Vitamin C rich diet increases the antioxidant supply. Try to add more nuts, apricots, broccoli, and beans to your meal plan.
Plants and More Plants
Plants are one of the effective ways to manage health during cold and air pollution. As we all know that one of the main reasons for the increase in air pollution is the constant fall in the number of trees and greenery in cities. So, it is the need of the time to start planting inside as well as the outside the house. The greater the greenery the better, the quality of oxygen. There are so many indoor plants too that can help to improve the air quality.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Know The Detailed Symptoms Of Transient Ischemic Attacks)
Face Mask & Air Purifiers
Buy a high-quality face mask and air purifier it will help you to protect your lungs from the polluted air. You can buy N95 or N99 rated face masks that help you to protect yourself against the harmful particles in the air. You can also buy air purifiers for your home. It will protect your home from harmful particles of the air.
Check Air Quality Index
Try to avoid venturing outside as much as possible, especially during the time of early morning and late evening. However, if you are not able to avoid going outside, then check the AQI (air quality index) and plan your travel accordingly. But, as far as possible, avoid outdoor workouts and activities for a few days’ which is one of the best ways to manage health during cold and air pollution.
(People Also Like To Read: Brain Aneurysm : Causes, Symptoms and Treatment)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.