This World Diabetes Day 2020, let’s educate and aware people to spot the diabetes warning signs early. The day was remarked as the largest diabetes awareness campaign on November 14. With a concern to raise awareness, World Diabetes Day came into existence in 1991. Established by the International Diabetes Federation (IDF) and the World Health Organization.
(People Also Like To Read: Diet for Mental Health: Include These in Your food Habits)
World Diabetes Day 2020: The Nurse and Diabetes
This year on World Diabetes Day 2020, IDF came up with a theme of The Nurse and Diabetes. The campaign aims to raise awareness around the crucial role that nurses play in supporting people living with diabetes.
Nurses currently account for over half of the global health workforce. They do outstanding work to support people living with a wide range of health concerns. People who either live with diabetes or are at risk of developing the condition need their support too.
There is a need for education and awareness to help people know the warning signs early. As type 2 diabetes have milder signs and is the most prevalent form of the condition. If left untreated and unmanaged can cause life-changing complication such as blindness, amputation, kidney failure, heart attack, and stroke.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Skincare Tips: Protect Skin from Air Pollution)
Diabetes Detection Involving Family
Diabetes is a chronic disease that results in too much sugar in the blood and India has an estimated growing population of 8.7% diabetic in the age group of 20 and 70 years. Over 50% of type 2 diabetes is preventable if detected early. This World Diabetes Day 2019, detect diabetes early involve the family too;
- With early diagnosis and treatment, help prevent or delay life-threatening complications
- Protect yourself and your family- detect type 1 diabetes early and reduce the risk of getting a serious disability or death.
Prevent Type 2 Diabetes and Protect Your Family
- Minimize the risk of your family getting type 2 diabetes by adopting a healthy lifestyle.
- Eat healthily and exercise together could help your family prevent type 2 diabetes
- If you have a family history of diabetes, know about the risk, warning signs, prevention, and its complication.
- When a family lives in a healthy environment will help in preventing type 2 diabetes.
Diabetes Care with Family
This World Diabetes Day 2019, diabetes care involves family too. IDF focus is to provide the possible necessities to people with diabetes and their families;
- Manage diabetes with daily care and with family support- daily treatment, regular monitoring, and a healthy lifestyle.
- Health professionals to get the required knowledge and skill to help people and their family in managing diabetes.
- Proper accessibility of education and support to be given to people with diabetes and to the member of their families.
- Making medicines and care accessible and affordable for everyone.
(People Also Like To Read: Anti-Aging Foods: Natural Ways to Get the Glow Back!)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.