You should never give a second thought to getting a periodic health check-up. Even if you feel healthy, you should visit your health care provider regularly. These visits can help you to avoid problems that may arise in near future.
People Also Like: Healthy Habits to Improve Your Life
The purpose of periodic visits for a health check-up is to:
- Screen for existing medical conditions.
- Assess risk factors for future diseases.
- Encourage people and promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Update clinical data since the last visit.
- Enhance the relationship with your doctor.
Now the question arises that when should you get your periodic health check-up done. It depends on your age, existing medical conditions, and your lifestyle. The following check-ups are highly recommended for a normal adult:
- FULL PHYSICAL SCREENING: You should get your full body screening once every two years until the age of 40 years and every year thereafter. This check-up includes height, weight and BMI check, cholesterol screening, blood pressure screening and other blood tests your doctor finds necessary as per your existing medical condition.
- BLOOD PRESSURE SCREENING: You should get your blood pressure checked once every two years unless the top number is between 120 and 139 or the bottom number is between 80 and 89 mm Hg or higher till the age of 40 years. Then at a later age get it checked every year. But in-case you are suffered from diabetes, heart disease, kidney problems, or any other medical condition you need to get your blood pressure checked regularly, at least twice a year.
- DIABETES SCREENING: In-case your blood pressure is not in the given range or higher, you should get your blood sugar level checked for diabetes. If your body mass index (BMI) is greater than 25, it means that you are overweight and you should be screened more often for risk factors for diabetes and heart disease.
- DENTAL AND EYE SCREENING: It is recommended to visit a dentist once or twice a year for cleaning and other preventive maintenance. Depending on your age and medical condition your dentist may assess and ask you for more frequent visits. Eye screening is also recommended once every two years but in-case you have diabetes you will need to get your eyes screened at least once a year.
Usually, people younger than 40 years are free from diseases that could be diagnosed by physical screening alone. In this age group, health problems show specific symptoms that would prompt you to seek medical attention.
[People Also Read: What are Dental Caries?]
Buy medicines for Eyes from your nearby pharmacy at cheaper price from GoMedii.
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.