Alcohol and high blood pressure are the phenomena which majority of the people link with their due to harmful impacts of alcohol. Basically, Blood pressure is the force at which blood pumps from the heart into the arteries. A normal blood pressure reading is between 90/60 mmHg and a high blood pressure reading is between 130/85 mmHg.
(People Also Like To Read: Sore Throat: Symptoms, Causes & Prevention)
Alcohol is a chemical drug found in all alcoholic drinks like beer, wine, vodka, and whiskey. Alcohol is a depressant drug. It slows down various sections of the brain and the central nervous system which is really harmful to the body. Alcohol and high blood pressure create hypertension, cautiousness, and feeling restless.
Does Alcohol Raise Your High Blood Pressure?
Drinking alcohol regularly for a long period of time increases the risk of high blood pressure. Which is actually not good for health, it damages the liver and a heart as well.
Alcohol can make you put on weight due to the number of calories, it also increases your risk of high blood pressure. Heart and liver play an important role in the body as alcohol and high BP make yourself unhealthy. Drinking too much of alcohol can raise blood pressure to unhealthy levels.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Sleep or Exercise: Know The Importance)
Does Drinking Alcohol Affect Your High Blood Pressure?
Alcohol and high blood pressure tend to be linked due to the riskful content of the alcohol. Most of the alcohol drinks are comprising of high calories as well as harmful substances.
There are a few points which justify that alcohol affects BP:
1. Drinking too much alcohol can raise blood pressure to unhealthy levels.
2. Having more than three drinks in one sitting temporarily increases your high BP
3. Always keep in mind that alcohol contains calories and may contribute to unwanted weight gain and a risk factor for high blood pressure.
4. Drinking a high range of alcohol repeatedly can increase the level of high blood pressure.
5. As high BP is considered to be 140/90mmHg or higher. As normal blood pressure is considered to be between 90/60mmHg and 120/80mmHg.
Treatment of Alcohol And High Blood Pressure:
Reducing the amount of alcohol that you drink improves your overall health and reduces your risk of developing cardiovascular disease, having a heart attack, or suffering a stroke. Below are the best ways to control High BP:
1. A healthy diet and physical exercise would help to control your high BP.
2. Whenever you feel any headache or dizzyness, then consult a doctor as soon as possible.
3. Try to keep caffeine to a minimum range because it can raise your heart rate and your blood pressure.
4. Quitting smoking/ Tobacco
Here, we have discussed the connection between alcohol and high blood pressure. The best way to control your blood pressure is exercise and a healthy diet. We suggest consuming superfoods such as green vegetables, fruits, skim milk, yogurt, oatmeal, whole grains, apricots, dates etc.
(People Also Like To Read: Top 10 Tips to Improve Infertility in Both Men & Women)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.