If you work in an office, the chances are you’re spending a minimum of 8 to 9 hours sitting down which means 40 to 45 hours a week.
I mean, think about it. You might drive to your work, sit down at your desk for at least 6 hours at work, drive home, and sit down to watch television or read a book. Am I right? So do office stretches.
Sitting in front of a computer every day can be hectic on your body, especially when most of us don’t have the healthiest posture.
Leaning the shoulders and slumping on the seat can cause back pain, tension, headaches, and tightness in your neck, back, and shoulders.
(People Also Like To Read: How Can You Maintain Your Healthy Weight?)
Several studies have shown that regular stretching in the office or office stretches can help you to reduce shoulder and neck pain and they also show that regular breaks to stand and stretch increases your productivity at the office.
Not only you reduce pain and tension with stretching, but those flexibility breaks allow your eyes to rest and your entire body to feel more comfortable.
The following flexibility exercises are designed especially for office workouts with an emphasis on the neck, shoulders, back, hips, and glutes. Doing them as often as you can be more helpful to you and you’ll notice less tightness and even more productive.
1. Move Around:
Sitting in the same position for a long time can impact your neck, shoulder, and back. So, for this experts said that taking a small walk-in approximately in every 30-40 minutes of interval helps you allot.
2. Finger Stretch:
Hand and finger exercises can help in strengthening your fingers and hands, increase your range of motion, and give you pain relief. Try this exercise;
- First, place your hand palm-down on a table or any other flat surface.
- Gently straighten your fingers as much as you can against the surface but without forcing your joints.
- Hold the position for 30 to 60 seconds and then release.
- Repeat at least 3-4 times with each hand.
3. Wrist Stretch:
For wrist stretch, you may try this simple exercise;
- First, hold your arm straight at waist height, palm down.
- Then, gently bend your wrist by pressing your hand down.
- Hold for approx 15 to 30 seconds.
- Repeat 3 to 4 times for the hands.
4. Back of Neck Stretch:
For doing back of neck stretch, you can simply try this;
- Firstly, lower your chin to your chest.
- Then, put your hands on the back of your head and start pressing gently.
- You can hold this position for at least 30-40 seconds and then repeat it.
5. Side Neck Stretch:
Side neck stretch is also very important for stretch for this you have to
- Turn your head to one side while keeping your shoulder straight.
- Make sure that your chin should be parallel to the floor.
- Hold the position for 20-30 seconds then change the head to the other side and repeat the exercise.
6. Elbows Out Chest Stretch:
This is also a simple exercise you can do it while sitting in your chair.
- Firstly, place your hands behind your head.
- Then squeeze your shoulders back n down and repeat.
- Hold the position for approx 20-30 seconds.
7. Shoulder Shrug:
- Bring your shoulder up then hold for 10 seconds and relaxed.
- Again repeat the process.
- Repeat approx 10-15 times.
8. Across the Body Shoulder Stretch:
For this simple exercise place your one hand under your below then lift the elbow and extend it across your chest without rotating your body.
9. Overhead Shoulder Stretch:
For this exercise follow the following steps;
- Lift one of your arms and bend it behind your head then place your other hand the bent elbow and start to stretch the back of your upper arm.
- Then repeat the process with the other hand.
10. Lower Back Stretch:
For this exercise, you do not have to go anywhere just sit in your chair and start doing it.
- Firstly, sit forward in your chair then bring one of your knees towards your chest and pull it back.
- Keep your back straight and avoid leaning.
- Hold the position for 20-30 mins then repeat the process.
11. Quad Stretch:
- For this exercise first, you have to stand and hold back of the chair or desk for stability.
- Then grab you one leg with the same side hand and bring it towards your glutes.
- Hold the position for 15-20 seconds and repeat.
(You Might Also Like To Read: 5 Ways To Change Your Lifestyle Habits)
(People Also Like To Read: New Year 2018 Resolutions for Healthy Lifestyle)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.