Recently, the Union Government of India has launched biodegradable sanitary napkins to mark the World Environment Day 2018 on Tuesday (June 5th).
The sanitary napkins called “Pradhan Mantri Bharatiya Jan (PMBJ) Aushadhi Suvidha Oxo-Biodegradable Sanitary Napkins” were launched by Ananth Kumar, Indian Union Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers and Parliamentary Affairs, during a press conference.
Let’s Talk About Benefits of Using Biodegradable Sanitary Napkins :
It coined that only 48% of women use sanitary napkins where the rest 52% do not use any type of sanitary napkins due to unaffordability. The best part of these sanitary napkins that they are biodegradable when it comes in contact with oxygen after being discarded.
(People Also Like To Read: What Kind of Doctors Does Woman Need?)
With the launch, these napkins were distributed to 3,600 PMBJ Pariyojana kendras functional in 33 states and union territories across the country. On an average, approximately 1,13,000 lakh tonnes of sanitary napkins are used every year that are hardly decomposing. On the other hand, the suvidha pads are easily decomposable in six months, due to it being oxo-biodegradable in nature.
According to the National Family Health Survey 2015-16 data, only 57% of girls and women (age group of 15-24 years) have access to hygienic products to manage their menstruation.
It is estimated that a woman uses up to 10,000 sanitary pads during her reproductive age. With the most sanitary pads contain a lot of plastic. Each pad may take about 500-800 years to decompose. You can buy these sanitary napkins from generic medicine stores.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Top 9 Questions You Can Ask Your Doctor Before Planning a Pregnancy)
[Source: The New Indian Express]
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.