Every year on 2nd of December, the National Pollution Control Day is celebrated in India to give the honor and memorialize those thousands of people who had lost their life due to the Bhopal gas calamity.
(People Also Like To Read: What Doctor Wants to Say About Diabetes: How to Manage Diabetes)
The Bhopal gas tragedy was happened in 2nd and 3rd December’s night in the year 1984 because of the unintentional discharge of the poisonous chemical called Methyl Isocyanate and some other chemicals released from the Union Carbide Chemical Plant of the city.
According to the Bhopal gas calamity report, more than 500,000 people were died due to exposer to the poisonous gas of Methyl Isocyanate. The incident was identified as the biggest industrial pollution disaster in the history worldwide which needed significant preventive measures in order to stay away from such type of disaster in the coming future.
One of the important factors of celebrating the National Pollution Control Day is to control and manage the Industrial Disaster as well as prevention of the pollution of air, water, and soil. There are several varieties of laws made by the Government of India as well as all over the world in order to control and prevent pollution.
National Pollution Control Day is also celebrated to aware people and industries about paying attention towards the need of following the Pollution Control Acts.
What are the Objectives of National Pollution Control Day 2018?
There are three main objectives of the National Pollution Control Day 2018 including;
- To spread awareness on how to manage and control industrial disasters.
- To prevent the pollution produced by human negligence or industrial processes.
- To make industries and people aware of the importance of pollution control acts.
(You Might Also Like To Read: World AIDS Day 2018: Interesting Facts & Precaution Measures)
What are the Pollution Control Acts that are Made by the Indian Government?
The Indian government has launched several serious acts and rules to control and prevention of pollution all over India. Following are some of the acts;
- Water (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act of 1974
- Water (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Cess Act of 1977
- Air (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act of 1981
- Environment (Protection) Act of 1986
- Environment (Protection) Rules of 1986
- Hazardous Waste (Management & Handling) Rules of 1989
- Manufacture, Storage and Import of Hazardous Chemical Rules of1989
- Manufacture, Storage, Import, Export & Storage of Hazardous Micro-Organisms Genetically
- Engineered Organisms or Cells Rules of 1989
- Chemical Accidents (Emergency, Planning, Preparedness, and Response) Rules of 1996
- Bio-Medical Waste (Management & Handling) Rules of 1998
- Recycled Plastics Manufacture & Usage Rules of 1999
- Ozone Depleting Substances (Regulation) Rules of 2000
- Municipal Solid Waste (Management & Handling) Rules of 2000
- Noise Pollution (Regulation & Control) Rules of 2000
- Batteries (Management & Handling) Rules of 2001
- Environment Impact Assessment Notification of 2006
- Maharashtra Bio-Degradable Garbage (Control) Ordinance of 2006
How Central Pollution Control Board of India Works?
Well, all the functioning or malfunctioning of the rules and laws related to pollution prevention are checked by the National Pollution Control Board of India or Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB). It always checks that the environment-friendly technologies are utilized by industries in the right way or not.
The natural resources like water, land, air, or forest are being affected by the different types of pollution. These pollutants are very necessary to stop immediately by executing the rules and regulations in the right way.
(People Also Like To Read: Antiretroviral Therapy And Its Treatment For HIV)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.