Ever heard of fibromyalgia? To describe this we need to understand the condition appears to be linked with changes in how the brain and spinal cord process pain signals. The symptoms of fibromyalgia can be the same as in many other conditions. So, it could take time to understand that the problem comes up due to which problem. Continue reading to understand the condition in detail.
(People Also Like To Read: Cardiovascular Disease Can Lead Due To Cynical Hostility)
What is fibromyalgia?
Changes in “how the brain and spinal cord process pain signals” are known as fibromyalgia (also known as FMS). Besides, the condition symptoms of fibromyalgia, widespread body pain, fatigue, poor sleep, and mood problems. While, “Widespread” refers to pain on both sides of your body, including pain, both above and below your waist.
The complexity is that the symptoms can come and go over time. That’s why the process of understanding symptoms to a diagnosis can be a bit of time taking.
Further, the condition is often distinguished as supplemental pain when applied firm pressure on specific areas of your body, which is known as tender points.
What are the symptoms of fibromyalgia?
Doctors can not diagnose this condition with a simple blood test or X-ray. As there is no test, a doctor will rely solely on your group of symptoms to perform a diagnosis. Here are the most severe symptoms of fibromyalgia:
- Stiffness and pain in the whole body
- Fatigue An overall feeling of tiredness or lack of energy
- Fibro fog A type of cognitive dysfunction which includes symptoms, such as difficulty in concentration memory deficits, and confusion.
- Depression and anxiety, fibromyalgia often coexists with such health problems
- Headaches may also include migraines
- Irritable bowel syndrome: A disorder that affects the large intestine causing pain in the stomach, diarrhea, and constipation
- Numbness or tingling: Pins-and-needles sensation in the hands and feet common symptom of fibromyalgia
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) syndrome: Pain in the face or jaw joints
- Sleep problems
(You Might Also Like To Read: Know The Detailed Symptoms Of Transient Ischemic Attacks)
What is the treatment for fibromyalgia?
Only fewer are familiar with FMS treatment, consult a doctor or healthcare team who are highly specialized in the field of giving treatment to this particular category. There is a combination of treatments available which are:
Treatment with medicines
- Certain over-the-counter pain relievers.
- Specifically approved prescription medicines for the treatment.
- Prescription pain medicines.
- Determined antidepressants for pain or sleep problems.
- Get enough sleep
- Start getting active but slowly and gradually
- Ask help from a physical therapist
- Manage and control stress
- Get onto a healthy diet
- Bring a balance between rest and exercise
Psychotherapy for fibromyalgia treatment
For maintaining mental health, talk therapy, or psychotherapy can be helpful. Psychotherapy like cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), can help you in learning strategies for dealing with pain, stress, and negative thoughts.
Complementary therapies or Integrative Medicine
These therapies have helped some people with fibromyalgia symptoms. Still, there is a need for more studies to note the effective one among them. These therapies are massage, movement therapies, chiropractic therapy, and acupuncture.
Before trying them, one must seek guidance from their healthcare provider.
The exact causes are yet to be known, but researchers have stated certain factors contributing as causes on the basis of the symptoms of fibromyalgia. These may include traumatic events, repetitive injuries, illnesses like viral infections, and genetics. Further, some people are at a higher risk of getting fibromyalgia include; women, middle-aged people, and people with certain diseases (such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, or ankylosing spondylitis). You can connect us through WhatsApp at +91 9654030724.
(People Also Like To Read: Brain Aneurysm : Causes, Symptoms and Treatment)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.