Do you know myocarditis often has no symptoms? Most of you must be thinking, what does myocarditis even mean? Okay let’s go straight, it is inflammation of the heart muscle (i.e., myocardium). This condition can be caused due to various factors that are being discussed further.
(People Also Like To Read: 5 Easiest Ways to Handle Negative Behavior in Kids)
Know More About Myocarditis
Keeping it simple, myocarditis is the condition that causes inflammation of the heart muscle. Where the muscle is responsible for pumping the blood in and out of the heart. But when it gets inflamed it weakens the heart and starts affecting the process of pumping blood.
As a result, it causes further more issues such as shortness of breath, chest pain, and abnormal heartbeat. Considering the extreme case, it can lead to heart attack, stroke, heart damage or even heart failure.
Symptoms of Myocarditis:
A person in the early stage or having mild myocarditis probably will have no symptoms or they would be mild as in chest pain or trouble breathing. While on a serious note, the symptoms may vary depending upon the root cause. Some common symptoms of myocarditis include;
1. Pain in the chest and joints
2. Abnormal heartbeats or rhythms
3. Trouble breathing or shortness of breath
4. Fatigue, fever, and sore throat
5. Swelling of legs, ankles, and feet
Also, know about the signs and symptoms of myocarditis in children;
1. Abnormal heart rates
2. Difficulty in breathing
5. Change in breathing pattern
What Are the Causes of Myocarditis?
Do you know it is a rare disease? Knowing the exact cause isn’t possible. Yet there are some possible causes related to it which are;
1. Certain viruses are the common cause of myocarditis. For instance, viruses that are causing the common cold, hepatitis B and C, Gastrointestinal infections, AIDS, and many others.
2. Bacteria are also associated with this condition.
3. Parasites like Trypanosoma cruzi and toxoplasma and some others that are transmitted by insects (that can cause a condition- Chagas disease)
4. Numerous fungi can cause Myocarditis, especially to people with week immune system.
5. Taking medications such as cancer-treating drug and antibiotics that can form toxic reactions.
6. Contacted with certain chemical and radiation
7. Some other diseases including disorders.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Psychosis Disorder : Types, Symptoms and Causes)
How to Prevent Myocarditis?
Although, the exact preventions cannot be stated. But one can avoid severe infections to prevent Myocarditis to some extent. Also, below mentioned can contribute;
1. Maintain proper hygiene
2. Consider practicing safe sex
3. Get vaccinated
4. Avoid tick
5. Avoid people with a viral illness
Complications of Myocarditis:
Beware of these complications mentioned below. As severe myocarditis can damage the heart muscle and will eventually cause;
1. Heart failure due to the damaged muscle and inability to pump blood.
2. Due to the inability of pumping blood will form blood clots. The moment clot blood your heart’s arteries will cause a heart attack or stroke.
3. Due to myocarditis, you may get arrhythmias problem. And with serious arrhythmias, your heart may stop beating.
At the bottom, it can happen to anyone even to a healthy person irrespective of there age. Myocarditis is fatal if not treated on time. Contact a doctor if you have symptoms.
(People Also Like To Read: Vitamins for Stress Relief: Know How These Two are Related)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.