Facial pain is quite general and it usually occurs due to some injuries and headaches. Well, there are some other causes too of this pain which includes jaw and dental problems, nerve conditions, and infections. It can start from any special place of the face, or it can radiate from any part of the head.
(People Also Like To Read: 15 Best Food for Healthy Skin: You Should Try At Once)
What is Facial Pain?
Facial or face pain can be felt at any part of the face, which includes the eyes and mouth. Usually, these facial pain are generally harmless. Always remember, if you feel pain suddenly without any known cause, then you should not ignore it and you can consult your doctor for a diagnosis.
Facial pain can be categorized into different types, including:
Dental pain: It is also a part of the pain which is usually related to problems of teeth and gums.
Nerve pain: It is also called neuralgia, it happens when such conditions occur that affect your facial nerves.
Temporomandibular pain: This pain occurs related to the condition of the muscles of the jaw.
Vascular pain: Vascular pain, occurs for the reason of blood vessels and blood flow.
What are the Causes of Facial Pain?
Facial or face pain can occur due to various reasons from infection to nerve damage. the most causes of pain are:
- Oral infection
- Open sore
- Abscess, like a collection of pus under the surface tissue in the mouth
- Skin abscess
- Facial injury
Some serious causes of facial pain are:
- Herpes zoster
- Sinusitis or sinus
- Nerve disorder
- Herpes simplex virus 1 (HSV-1)
- Facial or face pain usually described by people as cramp-like, stabbing, or achy. Pain from other areas in the body, like the ears or head, may radiate or spread to your face.
(You Might Also Like To Read: 7 Amazing Methods to Reduce Air Pollution at Home)
What are the Types of Facial Pain?
The type of facial or face pain depends on its exact cause.
- Throbbing or the dull pain on a side of the face or your mouth is often due to problems within the mouth, like a cavity, toothache, or abscess. If you feel such type of pain, contact should contact your dentist.
- If you experience the pain such as pressure or an aching pain across the front of the cheekbones and underneath the eyes, it can be due to sinusitis.
- Abscesses and ulcers can cause pain at the sight of the sore.
- Headaches and injuries can feel like a stabbing sensation and ache.
How is the Facial Pain Diagnosis?
For the diagnosis of the pain, make sure you tell the below mention points to your doctor:
- What part of your face is paining
- How frequently you feel the pain
- Know from where the pain is coming
- What kind of pain you experience
- Duration of the pain
- What relieves the pain
- Apart from the above if you feel any symptoms
For the diagnosis, your doctor may ask you to go for an imaging test, like an X-ray or MRI scan to make a diagnosis. These tests may help in diagnosing problems within the muscles, bones, and tissue.
Your doctor may ask you for a blood sample for the test of certain infections.
If your symptoms reveal any eye problems, you may be having heart problems, then your doctor may ask you for additional tests.
Well, facial pain is common and generally, we are aware of the cause of this pain, so you can consult the concerned doctor for the problem. If the pain lasts for long or if the cause of the pain is not clear then one should consult the doctor as soon as possible for the diagnosis of the pain. To get an instant appointment or consultation regarding Gastric Cancer treatment, you can contact us on Whatsapp (+91 9654030724) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, regarding our services. Our team will get back to you as soon as possible.
(People Also Like To Read: Delusional Disorder: Symptoms, Causes and Treatment)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.