A healthy body in good shape is a dream for everyone. Talking about weight loss or dieting the keto diet plan is one of the most popular methods worldwide. It is said, opting for this low-carb and high-fat diet helps in fat burning or weight loss. Herein we are going to discuss what is a Keto diet, its benefits, and side effects.
(People Also Like To Read: 5 Things That Raise Your Blood Pressure Instantly!)
What Is a Keto Diet Plan?
Ketogenic Diet is well known as Keto Diet Plan. In a ketogenic diet, you are having a diet that is high in fat, moderate in protein, and low in carbohydrate that helps the body to be in a metabolic state called ketosis. Ketosis is a process wherein the body burns ketones for fuel.
By limiting the intake of carbohydrate your body is forced to rely on fats for its main energy source instead of glucose.
Types of Keto Diet Plan
Basically, when talking about types of keto plan there are 3 well-known types that are;
1. Standard Keto Diet: This is the type that is mostly considered to be beneficial for therapeutic uses (such as diabetes, chemotherapy, and weight loss). In this type, we consider low-carb, moderate-protein and high-fat diet.
2. Cyclical Keto Diet: It is also referred to as carb-cycling, the diet includes the period of carb refeeds i.e., high-carb consumptions for muscle growth.
3. Targeted Keto Diet: The targeted keto plan focus on consuming carbohydrates around your workouts. With this type, you provide muscles the glucose that they need to perform high-intensity exercises.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Signs Of Depression: Did You Know These?)
Food items for Keto Plan
Let’s just know about certain food categories that are added in the keto diet plan, which include;
1. Edible oil such as coconut oil, olive oil, and avocado oil.
2. Meat to be eaten is like roasted chicken and butter chicken.
3. Seafood like fishes, prawns, shrimps, and all kinds of seafood.
4. Eggs can be taken in any form, especially egg whites.
5. Butters and creams that are fresh.
6. Cheese- unprocessed cheese and cheese cubes.
7. Nuts and seeds like almonds, walnuts, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, so on.
8. Vegetables include leafy greens, beans onion, tomatoes, etc.
Benefits of the Keto Diet Plan
Here we will learn about the benefits of the keto diet plan or ketogenic diets;
1. keto diet can help speed up weight loss
2. It promotes skincare as it helps in reducing acne
3. The diet helps in reducing cholesterol level hence improve heart health
4. Keto can even protect the brain functioning
6 It prevents infections
7. Risk of a polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and other ovarian issues are lowered
As discussed above hereby concluding that to promote good health and a healthy weight ketogenic diet is trendy and effective. Yet it can cause various side effects such as fatty liver, kidney damage, muscle loss, vitamin deficiency, constipation, etc if not followed in a healthy manner. So, before you follow a diet plan you must consult a dietitian first.
(People Also Like To Read: How to Cure a Hangover? Here are 5 Easy Ways!)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.