Are you suffering interrupted sleep? Or you are waking up too often each night to urinate. You may not know, but it could be Nocturia. What is this now? Have little patience, we are here to tell you everything you want to know about. Frequent trips to the bathroom at night can disrupt your sleep as well as the quality of life. Let’s get across with the condition for a better understanding.
(People Also Like To Read: Importance of correct postures for a better spine)
What is Nocturia?
Having interrupted sleep during the night because you have to urinate is the condition we call Nocturia. The condition can become more usual in people over the age of 30. It occurs both in men as well as women, where reasons may differ. The causes can be related to lifestyle habits or maybe an underlying concern or problem.
Symptoms of the concern
- Disrupted sleep. Getting up more than 2 times each night to urinate.
- Being grumpy throughout the day.
- You will face Polyuria as a sign of the condition. Polyuria is too much making of urine in 24-hour.
- Nocturnal polyuria another symptom. When your body produces too much urine during the night.
- Your bladder having storage problems is a sign of Nocturia. As in, your bladder is unable to store urine well.
- Suffering nocturnal polyuria and bladder storage problems altogether.
The condition is not a disease on its own, it itself is a sign which indicates that something going on with the body.
(You Might Also Like To Read: Disease of the digestive system; You must know About!)
Causes of Nocturia
Here we have a couple of things that are the root cause of the condition. In general, the condition causes can be some lifestyle habits, certain medications, illnesses or bladder storage problems.
Among which below-listed are some lifestyle habits that trigger the condition in both males and females:
- Too much intake of fluid, specifically caffeine or alcohol, before bed.
- Some people have made their body to wake up during the night to use the washroom, even if that is not really required.
- Some medications timing and doses.
- Having sleeping disorders, like insomnia or sleep apnea.
Next comes, underlying health conditions which cause Nocturia. For instance:
- Diabetes, you know that frequent urination is a sign of diabetes.
- Heart problems such as heart disease, vascular disease or congestive heart failure.
- Bladder obstruction, blockage of the base or neck of the bladder. Other things that affect bladder capacity.
- Overactive bladder symptoms. The intense urge to urinate that lead to the involuntary loss of urine.
- Reduced bladder capacity
- Nocturnal polyuria; when your body produces too much urine during the night.
- Restless leg syndrome, which is an irresistible urge to move the legs.
- Vaginal prolapse, a condition where the bladder, uterus or bowel protrudes drop down to the vagina.
- Menopause, a natural drop in reproductive hormones at the age of 40s or 50s (in women)
- Pelvic prolapse. When the muscles and tissues supporting pelvic organs weaken.
- Edema in the lower limbs or leg swelling
- Interstitial cystitis is a chronic and painful bladder condition.
Several of the above-mentioned conditions can often happen at once. We hope you have got a good understanding of the condition called Nocturia. To get an instant appointment or consultation regarding Nocturia, so you can contact us on Whatsapp (+91 9654030724) or email us at email@example.com, regarding our services. Our team will get back to you as soon as possible.
(People Also Like To Read: Kidney Pain Vs Back Pain, We Are Always Confused About Both!)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.