Pregnancy is a beautiful journey of a woman. It is the mix of intense emotions of a woman including excitement, fear, and love.
Pregnancy is also known as gestation, that can occur by sexual intercourse or with the assisted reproductive technology.
People Also Read: Sexual and Reproductive Health Awareness Day
Childbirth typically occurs around 40 weeks from the last menstrual period (LMP), that is divided into three trimesters including the first trimester in which the egg is fertilized then travels down the fallopian tube, the second trimester is from week 13 through 28, and the third trimester is from 29 weeks through 40 weeks.
Prenatal care includes taking extra folic acid, avoiding drugs and alcohol, doing regular exercises, blood tests, and regular physical examinations.
When a woman is pregnant her body’s demands for all the nutrients increases automatically because the nutrition of the fetus depends on her. Eating a healthy diet becomes more important for a woman.
Everything that a woman eat or drink, have an effect on her baby’s development. Diet during pregnancy should be adequate for the following reasons including-
- Maintenance of the mother’s health
- The need for the growing fetus
- Successful lactation
What Food Are The Must in Pregnancy Diet?
The diet of a pregnant woman should be balanced, nutritious, and healthy with lean proteins and whole grains to support the baby’s development and growth.
People Also Read: Health Benefits of Paleolithic Diet
Some basic musts for a healthy pregnancy diet are;
- A healthy diet for pregnant women should be nutrient centric and contain more calories, calcium, iron, and folate.
- Maintaining steady rate of weight gain.
- Drink plenty of fluids or water to avoid constipation during pregnancy.
- Exercising regularly to increase chances of a smooth labor and delivery.
- Consuming iron which helps in hemoglobin production.
- Working during pregnancy can be an easy task if a woman plans her meals well in advance.
Nutrient Variety is Key to Pregnancy Diet:
- Calcium- Source dairy, okra, dark leafy greens, and fish bones.
- Choline- Source chicken eggs, non-GMO sunflower lecithin, and fish eggs.
- Folate- Source dark leafy greens, broccoli, and asparagus
- Iodine- Source sea vegetables, cod, baked potato with skin, and shrimp
- Iron- Source red meat, blackstrap molasses, and liver.
- Potassium- Source coconut water, avocados, and bananas.
- Magnesium- Source leafy greens, brown rice, and avocados.
- Vitamin A- Source cod liver oil, orange vegetables, and liver in the form of beta-carotene.
- Vitamin C- Source green peppers, tomatoes, and kiwis.
- High-quality protein
- High-quality fat- Source coconut oil, nuts & seeds, and organic butter. [People Also Read: Top 10 Super Seeds For Better Health]
Buy medicines for pregnancy from your nearby pharmacy at cheaper price from GoMedii.
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.