Best Food Sources of Vitamins and Minerals
Having enough amount of vitamins and minerals are helpful for the normal growth and development of the body. Food sources of vitamins and minerals have the variety including whole grain bread and cereals, vegetables, meat, fish, fruit, poultry, eggs, nuts, legumes, and dairy products such as milk.
People Also Like to Read: Benefits of Vitamin E
What is Vitamin?
Vitamins are the good source of organic compounds that have essential nutrients which an organism requires.
Vitamins are cannot be synthesized by an organism in sufficient quantities, thus these compounds are obtained through the diet.
It does not include essential nutrients such as fatty acids, dietary minerals, and amino acids.
These are necessary for the normal growth and function of the body and have several roles in the body such as it shore up bones, boost the immune system, convert food into energy, heal wounds and repair cellular damage.
Types of Vitamins:
There are total 13 essential vitamins that are classified by both biological and chemical activities including Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B7, Vitamin B9, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, and Vitamin K.
What is Mineral?
The mineral is defined as the naturally occurring chemical compound in the form of crystalline and abiogenic.
These are essential for the bodies for its proper development and function.
Minerals help in enhancing body metabolism, bone health, and water balance.
You Might Also Read: What Vitamins Are Good For Energy And Focus?
Types of Minerals:
There are several types of minerals including calcium, potassium, sodium, phosphorus, chloride, iron, zinc, iodine, magnesium chromium, copper, fluoride, manganese, selenium, and molybdenum.
Which Foods Contain the Most Vitamins and Minerals?
- Vitamin A: Orange, leafy vegetables, ripe yellow fruits, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, fish, soy milk, and milk.
- Vitamin B1: Pork, oatmeal, vegetables, brown rice, potatoes, liver, and eggs.
- Vitamin B2: Bananas, popcorn, dairy products, green beans, and asparagus.
- Vitamin B3: Meat, fish, eggs, mushrooms, many vegetables, and tree nuts.
- Vitamin B5: Broccoli, avocados, and meat.
- Vitamin B6: Tree nuts, meat, vegetables, and bananas.
- Vitamin B7: Liver, peanuts, leafy green vegetables, and raw egg yolk.
- Vitamin B9: Poultry, fish, eggs, meat, and milk.
- Vitamin C: Many citrus fruits and vegetables.
- Vitamin D: Liver, fish, eggs, mushrooms, and sunlight.
- Vitamin E: Vegetables, many fruits, nuts, and seeds.
- Vitamin K: Leafy green vegetables like spinach and egg yolks.
- Calcium: Spinach, kale, okra, soybeans, white beans, and collards.
- Potassium: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, bananas, and yogurt.
- Sodium: Celery, beets, and milk.
- Phosphorus: Milk, meat, and beans.
- Chloride: Seaweed, rye, tomatoes, lettuce, olives, and celery.
- Iron: Meat, fish, and poultry.
- Zinc: Beans, nuts, and certain types of seafood like crab and lobster.
- Iodine: Sea vegetables, cranberries, organic yogurt, and organic potatoes.
- Magnesium: Leafy green vegetables like spinach.
- Chromium: Whole grains, bread, brown rice, meat, and broccoli.
- Copper: Dark leafy greens, and dried fruits such as prunes, cocoa, and black pepper.
- Fluoride: Dried fruit, dried beans, and cocoa powder.
- Manganese: Whole grains, nuts, leafy vegetables, and teas.
- Selenium: Nuts, seeds, and green vegetables.
- Molybdenum: Beans, lentils, and peas.
Vitamins and minerals are very essential for the growth and development of the body. These are important for body metabolism, bone health, and boosting the immune system.
You Might Also Read: What Foods are Good Sources of Vitamins and Minerals?
Buy medicines for from your nearby pharmacy at cheaper price from GoMedii.
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.