What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
- There are several benefits of apple cider vinegar like it regulates blood sugar levels, enhances weight loss, and lowers cholesterol
- It is a type of vinegar that is made from cider or apple, and also known as cider vinegar or ACV.
- ACV usually used in marinades, vinaigrettes, salad dressings, food preservatives, and chutneys.
- The cider is made by crushing apples and squeezing out its juice.
- Bacteria and yeast are added to the juice to start the alcoholic fermentation process that converts sugars into alcohol.
- In the second fermentation process, the alcohol is converted into vinegar with the help of acetic acid-forming bacteria called acetobacter.
- Malic acid and acetic acid give vinegar its sour taste
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
There are several benefits of apple cider vinegar including;
- Regulate blood sugar level
- Enhances weight loss
- Lowers cholesterol level
- Skin health improvement
- Reduces blood pressure
- Relieves symptoms of acid reflux
Regulate blood sugar level:
Vinegar consumption was observed to decrease blood sugar levels by an aggregate 31 percent after eating white bread and increases insulin sensitivity.
A study published in the periodical “Diabetes Care,” depicts that vinegar ingestion improves insulin sensitivity by up to 34 percent in with either insulin resistance or type 2 diabetes.
Enhances weight loss:
Adding apple cider vinegar helps in reducing unwanted pounds.
It also increases satiety, that helps in reducing intake and amp up weight loss.
Lowers cholesterol level:
The juice promotes heart health by keeping cholesterol levels low by increasing beneficial high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol.
Skin health improvement:
It helps in the treatment of acne and reducing scarring due to its antibacterial properties which is effective against multiple strains of harmful bacteria like it inhibits the growth of Propionibacterium acnes.
A study published in the periodical “Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology” which reveals that acne treated with lactic acid shows the improvements in the texture, appearance, and pigmentation of the treated skin.
Reduces blood pressure:
It reduces the body blood pressure that is the risk factor for heart disease.
There are also natural ways for reducing blood pressure such as increasing intake of potassium, magnesium, and fiber over salt and processed foods for whole foods
Relieves symptoms of acid reflux:
Gastroesophageal reflux disease is known as GERD or acid reflux that enhances acid backflow that causes symptoms like belching, heartburn, and nausea.
Apple cider vinegar has health-promoting enzymes and probiotics and taking two tablespoons daily have several advantages of the health benefits.
(People Also Like: 12 Health Benefits and Medicinal Uses of Guava)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a complete healthcare marketplace, where you can Book Appointment With Doctors, Get Online Consultation, Order Medicines Online, and Get hassle-free doorstep delivery within 4 hours. You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.